the bar is not that high. We stayed 9(!) days in Kenting, as this was my wife's family reunion. The hotel was renovated recently (2005?) and there were additional rooms being worked on during our stay.
Unfortunately, we ran into some terrible weather, which resulted in us having to spend a lot of time at the hotel itself, rather than at the beach or driving around. As such, we extensively used the facilities. What we noticed is that, aside from the front desk and the cleaning crew, most of the staff members (restaurants, concierge, shops, poolside, children's area) are really not very much into hospitality. To be fair, this seems to be a pattern with other establishments in Kenting, where people really are not very friendly or welcoming. Instead, you get the feeling they are kind of stuck in their jobs and not interested.
There are a few exceptions, including Mike (the front desk GM) who wanted to make sure we had a good time, even if the rest of the hotel or the weather did not cooperate.
The positives - Clean, nice grounds, great pool, children's area (if a bit outdated and under-utilized), the rooms.
The neutral - OK breakfast and dinner buffet, Nice semi-private beach (although the bathrooms were under renovation),
The negatives - Staff Hospitality, Other Restaurants, Weak Organized Programs.
Still, this is the best in Kenting (we did have time to check other places), if you happen to want/need to spend time there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Considerate Service and an Amazingly Wide Range of ActivitiesThe Caesar Park Hotel – Kenting is located on the Hengchun Peninsula at the southern tip of Taiwan, immediately adjacent to Kenting National Park. Offering blue skies, beautiful sandy beaches and an alluring tropical ambience, Caesar Park Hotel – Kenting is without question the finest holiday hotel in the Kenting area. With its relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff, this is a real home away from home. A wide range of leisure activities are available to suit all preferences, from families to honeymooners; Caesar Park Hotel – Kenting has everything you need! Why not come and experience Taiwan’s tropical paradise? You can be sure of taking beautiful memories away with you when you leave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Odigeo so you can book your Caesar Park Hotel Kenting reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caesar Park Kenting Pingtung
- Caesar Park Hotel Kenting Taiwan/Pingtung