The hotel is adequately situated and one of the oldest resorts in Kenting, but the rooms and facilities are equally outdated. After approximately a two hour hotel shuttle ride from Zuoying
HSR station, we arrived for our 3D2N stay as follows:
1. check-in: I booked a family room for 4 and the hotel gave us daily breakfast coupons only for 2. when I inquired, I was told that since I booked my room from overseas travel sites, it was the fault of the overseas website (Hotel.com) that the room was only booked for 2 occupants, even though I prepaid for the price of four. Luckily, I had a printout of our hotel confirmation indicating our room was booked for four in Chinese no less, and show it to the front desk. They then reluctantly gave us the extra breakfast coupons.
Lesson learned: Always bring a hard copy of the room confirmation when checking in.
2. Room: We had 2nd floor family room facing the ocean, great views. Carpet is very old and stained. For a beachfront property where it is humid and sandy like Cancun, I'm surprised they still using carpet instead of granite or marble flooring.
Our friends who accompanied us, booked the ground floor jacuzzi villa room and was disappointed because not only were there no views from ground floor, they couldn't use the jacuzzi without being bitten by swoons of Mosquitos.
3. Bathroom: has a large tub, a separate shower, and enclosed by sliding doors. The shower had soap scum around the corners, and the overhead showerhead was rusted. Eeewww!
4. Pool: good size pool, but require swim cap as many public pools in Taiwan does (swim caps are available for guests to borrow). There's diving board
on the deep end, which is fun for kids.
5. Beach: can be access through the front entrance by crossing the Kenting road, or through the
hotel's grounds via a path under the road. One-half of the Xiao-Wan (little cove beach) is reserved and occupied by Ceasar's guests, the other is public. Guests can use up to two lounge chairs and umbrella per room. No towels are provided. Guests must get their towels from the pool area first.
There are stray dogs and cats roaming on the beach (I spotted six dogs). They don't seem aggressive, but some dogs did bark at us when we got too close. Be careful not to step on dog and cat poop in the sand.
6. Breakfast: buffet style. Loud and very busy with families with children. Plenty of noodles, rice dishes, pastries and some western offerings, but the food was not mediocre. Not enough fruits. Only watermelon was offered. No mangos, papaya or guava, which are all in season now for some reason. My children was so unimpressed with the breakfast and decided to pass on it the following day (this is after me going through the trouble of getting their breakfast coupons at check-in, Sigh~).
7. Dining out. There are many restaurants on The Main Street within walking distance of the hotel, including a night market. We'd tried several restaurants, which were not impressive, but there is a KFC and Pizza Swell - a pizza truck, which were good.
8. The garden is beautiful and well maintained. Very courteous and friendly gardener, who says hello and tell us to enjoy our stay.
Overall, not a five star property, far from it. But, the location is good. Housekeeping needs to clean the bathroom better, reservation needs to improve on service, and the rooms need major remodeling (get rid of the carpets).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Considerate Service and an Amazingly Wide Range of ActivitiesThe Caesar Park Hotel – Kenting is located on the Hengchun Peninsula at the southern tip of Taiwan, immediately adjacent to Kenting National Park. Offering blue skies, beautiful sandy beaches and an alluring tropical ambience, Caesar Park Hotel – Kenting is without question the finest holiday hotel in the Kenting area. With its relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff, this is a real home away from home. A wide range of leisure activities are available to suit all preferences, from families to honeymooners; Caesar Park Hotel – Kenting has everything you need! Why not come and experience Taiwan’s tropical paradise? You can be sure of taking beautiful memories away with you when you leave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, AsiaRooms, Ctrip DaoDao, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Caesar Park Hotel Kenting reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caesar Park Kenting Pingtung
- Caesar Park Hotel Kenting Taiwan/Pingtung