Probably the best choice in Kenting because it has direct access to the beach, but this does not mean that everything is ok with the hotel.
I've read some reviews from americans: we (from the west) have to keep in mind that this hotel mostly hosts Taiwanese and Chinese tourists, this means that the hotel offers what they mostly need: beach bar is not important to most of them, they are not familiar with swimming, this explains why it is compulsory to wear something that does not make you sink. I was there in high season and very few people were on the beach in the warmest hours, even less were swimming in the sea, most of the tourists tend to crowd thew swimmingpool later than 4 p. m. For europeans this is great, because we can enjoy the sea and the beach without any crowd (one day at 2 p.m. on the beach there was only me and a german family).
Ok I know, I've chosen the Provence room (the cheapest one) , but giving a look to the other rooms they were not so different. Bed was not confortable and furniture was a bit tired, the room was quite small. If I compare the price I've paid here with what I paid in Malaysia or Thailand for luxury resorts, I can say that this is really overpriced.
The beach is beautiful silent and relaxing.
The breakfast and dinner buffet are huge and has a good selection of food.
Hotel staff was nice and able to help the guests with their requests.
So, as conclusion I can say that if you are touring Taiwan, to spend a few nights here is a very good choice, but if you come to Taiwan only for the sea, there are better places in Asia.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Beach Hotel Pingtung
- Chateau Beach Hotel
- Chateau Beach Resort Taiwan/Pingtung
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An exclusive 5-star resort set right on the most beautiful beach in Taiwan. Our ocean-view rooms have unspoilt 180 degree ocean views. Ground floor rooms and suites have private outdoor patios that lead right on to the beach. Outdoor heated spa massage pool, fitness center looking out over the ocean, beachside evening BBQ and live music, beach bar, 3 restaurants, tours to local attractions, beach hammocks and recliners, beautiful gardens and surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, AsiaRooms, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Fastbooking and Otel so you can book your Chateau Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.