“A superb place to stay in Kenting!” 5 of 5 stars

Ocean Paradise Resort
No.2-6 Hongchai Road, Shanhaili | Hengchun Town, Pingtung, Taiwan   |
Ranked #5 of 492 Pingtung B&B and Inns
4.5 of 5 stars 32 Reviews
“A superb place to stay in Kenting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

A place that is mesmerizing!

You will surely be stunned by the fantastic sea view! Where else can you find a place that you can enjoy a wonderful sea view while bathing? What a unique experience!

Indeed, you can enjoy a great sense of tranquility there! There's no need to hurry staying there! From different angles, you can capture as many picturesque photos as you can! Everyone can be a great photographer there!

Last but not least, I must stress the hospitality of the hosts and also some cute little doggies! They are so friendly and helpful! :-)

喜歡墾丁從喜歡海境開始!

店主尤先生太太及Lisa 是很好的基督徒,他們很有Heart, 互相配搭得很好。

住在海境猶如置身希臘小島,藍天白雲白屋牧場青草地,很懾人令人神往,除了攝影看海看星,還是閱讀的好地方呢!

總而言之,住在海境是今年不可多得的清新體驗!

• Stayed April 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Ocean paradise resort located on top of a hill, where provides you a marvelous ocean view. I do enjoy reading and take a nap on the balcony, you may also enjoy the beautiful sunset after afternoon tea! Don't forget to meet the moon before you go to bed! ;)

Room was clean and spacious. Breakfast and afternoon tea are good satisfied. For those who don't want to go out, resort staff can help to order from appointed restaurants nearby.

• Stayed July 2012
lisa0515, 經理 at Ocean Paradise Resort, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
We are always happy to share Ocean Paradise's amazing nature to guests, like sunrise, sunset, star, moonlight, etc. hope everyone has a wonderful vacation here, just let us know if any request or anything we can do for you.
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This isolated boutique hotel (minshu) in Kenting,Taiwan is an architectural masterpiece in itself and the location above a hilltop commanding panaramic view of the ocean and distant towns makes it a gem to be discovered. The rooms are comfortable and modern with private balcony too to savor the sunset or moonshine (if you're early enough). Going round the property, you can see the sunrise too. You need a car to find it (a GPS would help) or hire a local cab. I understand that the owner who's most friendly would also be able to arrange transport and pickup.

Room Tip: All rooms faces the ocean.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Ocean Paradise really is as good as the photos and other reviews suggest. The building and its clifftop location are truly beautiful and the views from the rooms - all of which face the sea - just stunning.

The building is new and purpose built and our room was fitted out tastefully and to a very high standard, comfortable and well air conditioned. The fridge to keep drinks cool was a nice touch and we particularly liked the large private terrace our room had and the spacious bathroom / wet room area with views out to sea. Lazing in the whirlpool bath after a day at the beach, enjoying drinks and watching the sun set over the ocean is already a great memory of our trip.

The location is quiet and secluded - a mile or so up a single track road from the main road running along the coast. Renting a car or - as we did - a scooter is definitely necessary. That done however the location is convenient, with a good sandy beach about 10 minutes away and the local town Hengchun with plenty of choice of places to eat about 15-20 minutes drive along quiet roads.

Negatives - nothing serious, although I did find myself wishing our room had more closet space to unpack clothes into (there was easily enough spare space in the vast room to build a walk-in closet). We also wondered why there was no swimming pool at the resort - an obvious omission that would have been very welcome (forbidden by the local council apparently). However with the beach nearby and the sea warm and calm enough to swim in, it wasn't a problem.

Lisa, the owner, could not have been more welcoming and helpful and really made a big difference to our stay being fun, smooth and enjoyable. I would be very glad to go back.

Room Tip: The penthouse VIP rooms are truly stunning.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

Difficult to find (GPS and car required) but a great spot perched upon an exposed and windswept clifftop with stunning views over the sea, and back across the valley.
Lisa (the owner) lives here, and the home-style friendliness is very welcoming - with free breakfasts and afternoon tea. Lisa also was very helpful in pointing out places to go and see, and local tips for eating etc.
Rooms have stunning views and are very spacious - with loungers on the balcony.
A good spot to escape to touristy trappings of Kenting!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

This is the first time we stayed at a B&B. The stellar reviews here on Tripadvisor was the reason I picked it and we came with rather high expectations.

We stayed here for 2 nights in different double rooms (the small type).

Things we liked about the B&B: Secluded as the property is separated from the road by a gate. Very relaxing music and scent in the room. Good quality shampoo. Sturdy slippers (not the paper type which I hate), Complimentary water and other drinkables and edibles. Cute design of the washing basin area. Stunning view of the Kentng blue sky and sea of course! The breakfast room which oversees green grassland and the sea... sooo relaxing. The friendly staff who were always wearing a smile. The 2nd night stay was actually ad hoc as we originally only intended on staying for one night. We called the owner very late at 10pm, and she was very nice and accommodating, and gave us a room.

Things we did not like about the B&B:

- Being from a city where everyone locks their doors, we were slightly worried when we found that the lock of the room terrace glass door is faulty (both nights) - there is no way to lock it!

- The fact that if one person has to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and washes his hands, he would inevitably wake up the other person as, although the toilet area is separated, the washing basin is just opposite the bed. We do not regard this as a very smart room design.

- Cleanliness is an issue. Although we had no issues the 1st night, for the 2nd night, I found 8 to 10 pieces of short hair (I do not wish to speculate which body part it is from) on the bed sheet below the blanket!!! For the sake of future users, I reflected this to the owner (who was apologetic and promised to check what went wrong) the following day, and I believe (with a shadow of doubt) that the sheets were washed and it's just that the hair is somehow stuck there, but I did feel very uncomfortable throughout that night, having to sleep on spots where those hair were stuck! (I got to admit though, that I am the type of person who always checks for cleanliness of seats I sit on and bed sheets I sleep in at hotels, and occasionally I do have issues with them) I had wanted to take photos of the hair I picked up while cleaning the sheet with tissues in order to show the owner the extent of the problem, but I was demanded by my husband to throw the tissues away as "that is so gross". I wanted to convince myself to lower my expectation as we did call very late in the night for a room, but upon second thoughts, the cleanliness and the short notice shouldn't be related!

- And to be even more picky about cleanliness, the curtain of the terrace door is light gray-coloured and is stained at the spot where most people would grab it to open it, so it might need some washing. There is a green swivel chair placed in the middle of the room, below which was a toothbrush from previous users of the room. There are spider webs on the railings of the terrace, but then those might be new, so I do not regard that as a big problem.
Toilet failed to flush on two occasions for 2nd room (was at least half an hour after previous flush both times) Reflected this to the owner who said she would send someone to fix it immediately. Service here is good I think, but the hygiene and the stunning view/price charged must be matched. I hope this B&B takes notice.

* Sleep quality is rated as "average" due to the open room design (failing to separate hand washing noise when someone else is sleeping) and the perceived dirtiness I felt the 2nd night.

* Cleanliness of first night was very good, but poor the second night, yielding an "average".

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
fiberjen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

Have you ever feel like having a getaway and only to be disappointed at how touristic, noisy, overpriced the location is? Well, Ocean Paradise has none of the above, and if anything, Id say the previous (great) review on this site doesnt do it justice. It is definitely the most beautiful B&B Ive ever stay and I am a worldly traveller. (My last hotel was the Royal Mansour in Morroco, apprx USD 2000 a night, you got the picture) This place has the view of Santorini in the front and the great grassland of New Zealand at the back. The view is to die for. It was completely serene, tranquil, and the owners very welcoming. The only drawback (not for me) was that if you want to get to the tourist town of Kenting, there is a 20min drive.

Someone mentioned in this review and I totally agree...I dont even want to write this review because that means the secrect is known to the world, but I promise Lisa and You dai ge, the sublings owners, that I will spread the words so here you go. Please visit it before its on every guidebook in Taiwan.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Ocean Paradise Resort? Share your experiences!