“Well located and good standard” 4 of 5 stars

Ambassador Hotel Kaohsiung
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.202 Min Sheng Second Road, Kaohsiung 801, Taiwan   |
Ranked #13 of 243 Hotels in Kaohsiung
North West UK
“Well located and good standard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Very well located and rooms of a good standard with comfortable beds, good work space and effective internet access. Plenty of public areas if you need somewhere to meet people and chat.

Efficient and pleasant check in with friendly staff and prompt attention to requests like late check out.

Breakfast good with a good choice and standard of food.

Gym OK - pool (outdoor) closed until 1 April

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
KervinHsu, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Kaohsiung, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Ms. Sir,

A warm welcome to The Ambassador Hotel Kaohsiung!

Please accept our sincere thanks for your patronage. Should you have any precious experiences or requirements, please do not hesitate to share with us for the improvement of everything.

The Ambassador Hotel Kaohsiung

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is my first trip to Taiwan, and I stayed in Ambassador Hotel Kao Hsiung (6 Mar Wed to 9 Mar Sat) for the first part of the trip and Taipei (another hotel on 9-11 Mar) for the second part of the trip. I choose Ambassador Hotel as there were good reviews from other travellers on trip advisor and I was not disappointed.

The location of the hotel at the Love River makes the trip so much more romantic and slow paced.

A minor hiccup, I made room reservations through the hotel's website and I was lucky to bring my email confirmation print out with me. The system registered my stay in Apr instead of Mar, the email confirmation had the correct date. The counter staff were very helpful and they look into the matter and gave us a room within 20 minutes.

Our room was on the 15th floor, not directly facing the river but was great anyway.

On our first night, we went across the river to have dinner at Outback Steak restaurant, if you are looking for a vegetarian restaurant, it is next door to Outback. There is also a 7-eleven and Family Mart (similar concept to 7-eleven) on our way back to the hotel.

On Thur, we walked to Central Park mrt station, it is a lovely walk to the park.

On Fri, we walked to City Council mrt station, it is nearer but not as scenic as Central Park.

The breakfast is wonderful, I especially loved the rice ball with mince meat dim sum and fried noodle. I also tried the porridge with side dishes, tasted good too. The breakfast area overlooked the swimming pool and Love River fish statue.

I wish the swimming pool closure information was on the website, I brought them along and was not able to use the pool. Pool is only opened from Apr to Nov.

I will definitely bring my son back to stay in Ambassador Hotel Kao Hsiung.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ms. Grace,

A warm welcome to The Ambassador Hotel Kaohsiung!

We are delighted to have you with us. The hotel has been planned with your comfort and convenience in mind and we hope you are pleased with our facilities and service. Your suggestion for improvement will be highly valued and, wherever possible, carried out so that you may enjoy your next stay with us even more. Since there was no remark for us to add the information of opening period on Tripadvisor website, we really apologized to the inconvenience of swimming pool closure. But the information of hotel facilities on our official website should be mentioned the opening hours 7:00~9:00 during April to November.

Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was our first time in Kaohsiung so we didn't know where to stay. So I decided to pick a place next to the love river and stayed 2 nights here.
When I first walked into the hotel, I was very pleased with the hotel staff and how courteous they are. I was warned by family that the hotel may be a little outdated but I was pleasantly surprised.
The rooms were clean and comfortable and I enjoyed staying here a lot.

The downside to this hotel is the location. Because it was the first time we had visited, I didn't realized that the hotel was a little bit of a walk to the MRT. But the tourist bus does include this hotel in the loop so it made sight seeing a little bit easier.

We may pick a different hotel to stay in next time because the location is a little bit inconvenient. Overall we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
KervinHsu, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Kaohsiung, responded to this review, February 5, 2013

bendigo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is a very well appointed hotel and I had a large room on the 16th floor overlooking the Love river. The rooms was clean, bed was comfortable and the staff were helpful. They offered to charge my iPhone because I'd left my charger in Taipei. There is a huge range of food for breakfast and they have a system of placing a "table occupied" sign on your table which is great for solo travellers as there is nothing worse than going for seconds and finding your table cleared and someone else sitting there. I really enjoyed staying at the Ambassador and will stay again when I visit Kaohsiung.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
KervinHsu, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Kaohsiung, responded to this review, January 23, 2013

A warm welcome to The Ambassador Hotel Kaohsiung!

We are delighted to have you with us. The hotel has been planned with your comfort and convenience in mind and we hope you are pleased with our facilities and service. Your support will be highly valued and, wherever possible, carried out so that you may enjoy your next stay with us even more.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Stayed there earlier this week for a night as part of our honeymoon trip. It was a last minute decision to go there and we booked the Queen's room facing the Love River the night before we travelled to Kaohsiung.

There was a minor hiccup when we arrived to find that the check in counter did not have our details. Apparently, our booking the night before was not processed in time. We waited for about 20 minutes for our booking to be confirmed. It was a minor incident though.

The staff of the hotel was courteous and helpful, from the bell boy to the concierge to the staff at the restaurant.

The room was spacious and clean. I am very particular about the cleanliness of room and I have to say I was satisfied. The only thing lacking is a separate shower curtain. Care should be taken to prevent the splashing of water out of the bath tub while showering. Our room faces the Love River, which has a beautiful view of the river and the harbor, although rooms facing this direction will get the evening sun. Otherwise, the room is wonderful.

The spread of food for breakfast was standard but adequate.

An enjoyable stay.

• Stayed December 2012
KervinHsu, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Kaohsiung, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
A warm welcome to The Ambassador Hotel Kaohsiung!

We are delighted to have you with us but apologetic for the inconvenience of the waiting when checked in. If it is possible, could you offer your full-name, check-in date and room number to sales@mskh.ambhotel.com.tw and we would remark the details on your guest history then we would take care much more.

The hotel has been planned with your comfort and convenience in mind and we hope you are pleased with our facilities and service. Your comment will be highly valued and, wherever possible, carried out so that you may enjoy your next stay with us even more.

Eindhoven, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

This is the second time I stayed here. Just scroll down for my first review. In that first review, I mentioned the small room size. I have to correct myself, the rooms are of a good size. Or, did I get a bigger room this time?

Minibar is still poorly stocked and this time also not replenished. Maybe because they expected that I would go to the local family mart nearby and buy my own drinks. I decided to take breakfast this time. Plenty of Asian choices, less on the European side. Some cheese and cold cuts would be nice. It certainly was good for a decent breakfast.

I am rather picky on the beds in hotels. It is the most important thing in a room and it is what you used most while in a hotel. The bed was really bad. It is a box spring without a soft top layers. So you're sleeping on a hard, solid frame. I had two pretty bad nights of sleep and sore muscles all over. I really can't remember if the bed was that bad the previous time I stayed here. I can't imagine it, because I would have surely mentioned it.

For the rest, the staff is friendly, the service excellent and the location perfect.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
KervinHsu, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Kaohsiung, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Sir,

Warm greetings from Ambassador Hotel Kaohsiung!
We are delighted to have you with us but apologetic for the inconvenience of the hard mattress. We think highly of your complaint and have reviewed the fault instantly. Since we have reconditioned the beds step by step recently, but there are few rooms have not been arranged yet. Therefore, we have prepared some soft mattress if guests needed by calling Housekeeping Department. We are really sorry about that we did not set the notice in advance. If it is possible, could you offer your full-name, check-in date and room number to sales@mskh.ambhotel.com.tw and we would remark your request especially on your guest history to avoid the uncomfortableness happened in the future. Your comment for improvement will be highly valued and, wherever possible, carried out so that you may enjoy your next stay with us even more.
Please accept our sincere apology for your trouble. Should you have any precious experiences or requirements, please do not hesitate to share with us for the improvement of everything. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Ambassador Hotel Kaohsiung in the near future.

General Manager, The Ambassador Hotel Kaohsiung
Shanghai China / USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The hotel is nice and clean. My room was more than spacious for 1, but only 1 chair. My only real issues are there are no plug outlets anywhere but under the desk to plug in any computer or phone, this is a pain in the knees. Otherwise the pineapple bread was great and breakfast is good.

Room Tip: Ask to face the river.