“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Legend hotel

You added Legend hotel to your Saves list
Legend hotel
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   No.55 Xinsheng First Street, Qianjin District, Kaohsiung 80141, Taiwan   |
Ranked #7 of 253 Hotels in Kaohsiung
4.5 of 5 stars 186 Reviews
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

This was the first hotel I stayed for my recent trip. Give them a call if you need them to pick you up from the metro station-Formosa boulevard. They will send someone to pick you up for check in but I think there some timing so do check their website. We reach the hotel earlier and couldn't check in but was allow to place our luggages with them. So, when we are allowed to check in, the moment I get into the lift, my first reaction was wow!! Firstly, the lift door was some nice picture. Second, the lift seems abit too small. Maybe because I was a plus size...LOL..but compare to another hotel I stayed on my pervious trip this was kinda small. When the lift door open, I gave another wow! I totally love those wall...very nice!!! So when I open the door of our room. Again, another wow. A big drawing on the wall, rocking chair, tv, toiletries and they do give instant bowl noodles and drinks for free. However, the aircon wasn't able to adjust. We try to switch it higher as it was too cold but the remote just blink and blink and return back to the cold temp setting and on the first night during our sleep, it automatically set to a higher temp which make us feel so warm during the sleep. Suppose to hide under the comforter end up for the whole night I was sleeping on it.
Next, the surrounding. They have a map on the reception counter which show you the way to different food places and the metro station. Do take one as we found it quite useful for us especially when we have too much time to spend before the check in timing and don't really know where to go. But be warn that those places they show on the map are usually those place with long queue. We follow the map and went to 2 places and both are having long queue.
Breakfast served was average. Maybe for me it was decent as they served different kind of bread and me as a bread lover, of course i said it's decent. And somewhere near the hotel there a shop selling nice breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I booked a single room at NT$1180 net which proved to be very good value-for-money.

They asked me to take the metro from airport and called them when I reached the Formosa station (because no waiting was allowed for the hotel shuttle bus outside the station). The hotel was actually only 3 minutes' drive from the station.

The hotel lobby was so colorful that any kid would love it. The single room was quite small. But after a while I got used to the space and enjoyed my stay there for four nights.

I liked the breakfast, complimentary mini-bar in the room and the free self-service laundry (with a few washing machines and two dryers). The hotel staff suggested me to use my calling card from the telephone booth at the nearby 7-eleven since calling from hotel room was more expensive (so considerate!).

Location was great. I walked around 8 minutes to the nearest metro and it was fine for me. I could walk to the Liuhe Night Market for dinner or late supper. Opposite the hotel was a primary school. It was safe to jog there in the morning and I could jog inside the school playground and football field on Sunday like other residents in the area.

The hotel was quiet, warm, friendly and gave hotel guests a feeling of home. I won't hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you like hotels with cute design-themed rooms, Legend is definitely an option for you. It is accessible from 2 KMRT stations (Formosa Boulevard and City Council) and a short walk to Liuhe Night Market where you can satisfy your food cravings.

Room is big enough for two, with enough space for us to open our luggage out on the floor. there's even free soft drinks and instant noodles provided, but we didn't have the chance to eat them because we're usually too full from the night market's food.

Like most hotels in Taiwan now, there's free WIFI anywhere in the hotel, but the reception can be erratic at times.

There is also a free hourly shuttle service to either of the KMRT stations. You just need to inform the front desk, especially if you're taking the early morning shuttle bus like we did, so that they can arrange promptly for you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

“Whoa”. I guess that basically summarized my impression of this small boutique hotel.
It has all the checks in all the right boxes on my personal list of a good hotel.

Great Price/ Value for money: check
I paid only US$55/ night; it was a promotional rate for Mar. But I think their normal rate is still quite good.

Good Location (must be near to subway station): check
The hotel is just around 5 min walk to City Council station. And if I am not wrong they provide shuttle to nearby subway station. Also there is a direct bus to Dream Mall as the City Council station. 168 East/ West depending on the direction of travel.

Free WI-FI: check
They provide free WI-FI but my friend had some difficulty logging on using his Galaxy Tab. But we have no problem logging on using our mobile phones.

Clean Room: check
Room was clean. The room was a bit small but it was fine. The room has all the standard amenities. The only weird thing was the hair dryer and shaving mirror was in the room not in the bathroom.

Breakfast Included: check
The hotel provide free buffet breakfast. Though they served mainly Taiwanese/ Chinese food but there were quite a good selection of breads, salad and fruits.

Other small things which I like:
Universal plug socket provided, powerful shower, free self-service laundry room and free coffee, tea, soft drink and instant noodles.

Legend Hotel may not have a grand lobby or a pool but I think it was the staff and their attention to details that made all the differences. Small things like having good wifi or universal plug socket are often overlooked. Their free “mini-bar” is a really a nice touch.

I will stay in this hotel again if I am in Kaohsiung.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

A Nice clean hotel which is close to the Liuho Night Market, offering a free breakfast (not too flash), free pepsi, water and noodles in the room along with coffee in the lobby an xbox and free bike rental.
Best part was this hotel was 5 minutes from the main Night Market which was full of food, so there was plenty to try. Only problem was the hotel was about a 10 min walk from the Formosa Boulevard metro station and a little hard to find as it's tucked away off the main road.
If you catch the HSR to Zuoying station and then a cab, be sure to have the directions handy and about TWD $200 for the cabby

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I were satisfied with our stay at Legend. The hotel is quite hard to find as it is not well-known and not near any landmarks, so be sure to have the address on hand to tell the cab driver. It is about 10 minutes walk from the nearest MRT station and you need to know the directions as the hotel is situated among the roads and alleys. The central park and the famous Liuhe Night Market are just 5 minutes walk away. Our room was small but I liked the cutesy cartoon paintings in our rooms and also in the lift. They also have a nice lobby and the free noodles, pepsi, bike rental and umbrella rental were a nice touch. Service was good too. Breakfast was just so-so.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We are family of two adults and a 4-year-old, and we stayed in a deluxe king room for three nights. The bed was huge with more than enough space for the three of us. The room was small, but big enough for our luggage, and the bathroom was surprisingly quite spacious. The room and everywhere else in the hotel were clean, and the staff was always friendly and helpful. I liked the freebies, and there were many: filtered RO water dispensers on the 3rd and 6th floors; bottled water, Pepsi cans and instant noodles replenished everyday; free bicycle hire for the first 4 hours; daily breakfast; laundry services (washer, dryer and detergent provided); and free hourly shuttle service to the nearest train stations. You must let front desk know what time you want housekeeping, which is only until 5pm daily. The price was good, location was great, and we had a really fun time in Kaohsiung (we cycled most days using the free bikes). Hubby and son enjoyed playing the XBox in the lobby after we'd checked out at 12pm and waiting for our 1pm shuttle bus to the train station. Legend Hotel is highly recommended by all of us!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less street noise