“Nice friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

No.136 Nanhua Road, Xinhua District, Kaohsiung, Taiwan   |
Ranked #5 of 238 hotels in Kaohsiung
“Nice friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

The staff is very friendly and tried hard to make our stay pleasant and enjoyable.
Breakfast is provided and is nice and sufficient They also provide complimentary juice and light snacks all day.
At the business center you can use pc, fax and printer for free. Free WiFi.
They also provide free self service laundry including detergent and softener and dryer.

• Stayed May 2013

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Nanhua Kindness Hotel came across as a hotel that provides amiable service when I visit their website. They have seasonal promotion at times if you book through their partners' website.

We were greeted warmly when we reach Kindness Hotel. Check-in process was fast and they provide free ice-cream (Cone/Cup) throughout the day.

Location is fantastic! 5 minutes away from Formosan Boulevard MRT station and 7 minutes away from Kaoshiung Main Station. No worries about getting hungry at night because Kindness Hotel is 2 minutes away from Liuhe Night Market.

Their room is simply spacious, clean and luxurious; We had booked Superior Room. Amenities such as shower foam, shampoo, conditioner, coffee and tea are provided. Kindness Hotel even has separate toiletries for men and women. There is a choice of either spa shower (Massage jets) or bathtub for their rooms. It is surprising to find that there is a multifunctional socket in the room where most plug with varying pin type can fit. Remember to leave the green tag on the bed if you do not require a change of bedsheet as Kindness Hotel is promoting eco-friendliness.

Breakfast is good for the price that we are paying for the hotel stay. Among our 3 visits to Taiwan and 9 different hotels that we have stayed in, Kindness Hotel's breakfast variety is the best. Porridge, assorted accompanying dishes and condiments, fried noodles, scrambled eggs and meat, steamed buns, cereals and breads, coffee, tea, and fruit juices, their spread is better than what we had expected. Also worth mentioning is their dining staffs who are polite and fast, and have great service attitude.

There were mosquitoes in the room which had bitten us a few times during the night disturbing our sleep. Thus, we spoke to the hotel reception staff the next morning and the lady said she will help us look into the problem. I was quite skeptical as I didn't know what they can do about mosquitoes. Later, she told us that she can provide electric mosquito repellent when we are back after visiting the attractions. It was a nice touch as I did not expect that the hotel would provide such gadgets for their guests. The electric mosquito repellent helped much for the subsequent nights that we stayed in their hotel.

Kindness Hotel provides free rental of bicycles and umbrella. The hotel also offers free laundry service; washing machines are located at Level One and washing powder is provided. The laundry area is undergoing renovation when we visited; therefore we had no chance to utilize the service. The renovation should have been completed by March 2013. Check with the hotel regarding the completion of laundry area's renovation.

The only drawback is the email response is slow or no reply. It would be faster to call them instead of emailing.

Room Tip: Request for the electric mosquito repellent from the hotel front counter if you are bothered by mosq...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Overall, good value and large rooms. But here are 3 issues I ran into for my trip there April 4-6, 2013:

1) The first room I checked into, 508, the toilet was completely clogged and was full of crap. Granted I checked in at 1pm (earlier than the posted time of 3:30pm). But please let me know if a room is not ready rather than check me in and then I find the toilet completely disgusting. I was promptly switched to room 308, but still, not cool and it understandably made bad first impression on me. I have never seen this happening before, even on my previous trips to India after rumors of such.

2) Hotel started calling me at 11:30am the day I was checking out, while I was in the shower. I told them that I was in the process of packing and asked for 30 extra minutes. Rather than a Noon check out, I wanted to be out by 12:20 or 12:30. Not an unreasonable ask, I thought. But the lady told me we had to be out by 12:15 at the latest or would incur extra charges. Then she called again at 12:05 while I was closing my door. Please relax the policy just a little bit, especially after 1) above.

Overall, I think the hotel is good value. I hope my experience was the exception, not the rule.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Clean and room consider spacious. Location is good very near to liu he night market and also near to meili hua mrt. Have a pleasant stay there and definitely will be back....

The breakfast provided is simple but good and tasty. They also have internet area with computers if you do not have any smart phones to enjoy their wifi service. They also have a laundry area if you are there for many days.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We were there for 3days. Location is near the night market which make it very convenient for supper.
The staffs are very polite which ++ for the hotel. the room is very small, basic. You pay what you get right.
we will come back again.
oh, we like the free ice cream too:)

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Penang, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

We were in Koahsiung for only one night and wanted to stay near the Lio He night market. This small 3* hotel is very BASIC, what made a very pleasant stay for us is the service and attitude of the staffs especially the front desk. They greet us warmly upon arrival, "walk extra mile" to explain the best way to get to places, got us taxi early in the morning before saying goodbye at the door steps. They also provide free cereal and ice cream 24hr free at the front desk just in case you are hungry. Complimentary breakfast is adequate and hotel is clean, but no view though!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011 via mobile

Stayed at this inn for one night on the way to Kenting.

Let's be clear right off the bat - this is nowhere near a 4 star hotel. But for US$50, this is an unbelievable value. The rooms are spacious and clean, and the inn is within throwing distance of the Liu He Night Market.

They actually bow to you at the reception, the service is literally with a smile and the free ice cream is a fine touch.

The only downside? Liu He Night Market is a pint sized of Taipei's Shi Lin Night Market and the food selection is pitiful. As a tourist and this being Kaohsiung's biggest night market you'll still end up going, but next time I'll stay in the Sanduo area, where all of the major department stores are located.

• Stayed November 2011

Been to Kindness Hotel Lio He Ye Shi? Share your experiences!