“Not even close to a 5 Star Hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of E-Da Royal Hotel

You added E-Da Royal Hotel to your Saves list
E-Da Royal Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.153 Section 1, Xuecheng Road, Dashu District, Kaohsiung 840, Taiwan   |
Ranked #50 of 253 Hotels in Kaohsiung
3.5 of 5 stars 130 Reviews
Melbourne, Australia
“Not even close to a 5 Star Hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Just one word "underwhelmed". Room Service Meals where absolute garbage and expensive, bed sheets where impregnated with bleach causing skin allergies, and expensive too boot. The location is in the middle of the sticks and due to the scale of the development, the shops were understocked and full of slow moving inventory of most brands.

The Staff did listen and were sympathetic but I think the issue is at the general management level, its obvious they are using a Taiwan cost down methodolgy, cutting corners wherever possible, which does not fly with a 5 Star rating....

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

As it's a crown plaza, I do not expect that it is just like a local hotel.

Next to I-shou university, remote, it's a long way from the e-da world as well, quite like the distance from Disney's paradise pier to Disneyland in Los Angeles. Shuttle bus Is available though.

What disappoints me is the room itself. Simple, not that big as it promotes. 2 queen size beds, a small table with 2 wooden chairs and that is it... Not even a sofa, nothing!!!!! Not soundproof and u can easily hear people talking in another room.

There's a small balcony but as our room is on 2/F, i don't want to get out anyway.

The shopping outlet is good for spending an afternoon when you are tired of going to E-da world.

The small local food stores adjacent to
the hotel has made the area less boring at night time.

Swimming pool with a swirly waterslide is small and crowded but there's an indoor pool with jacuzzi, which is quite good. Kids room, there's technically nothing but a ball pit.
There are 2 snooker tables, 1 table tennis table, a glide hockey around, and a paid game centre as well.

Food choice is limited for breakfast but enough to kick the day off.

Being a hotel attached to a theme park, i expect more kids friendly decor or facilities such as slippers & bathrobes for kids & etc.

• Stayed August 2012
Taipei, Taiwan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Dear Sirs,

I am writing you to express my unhappiness about a wedding event that
my friends and I recently joined at the Crowen Plaza Kaohsiung on
Sunday. To begin with the service was not tolerable. When we arrived
at the hotel the reception staff did not know about the wedding or
where it was located. We had to wait for 20 minutes until they could
find about. When we arrived at the wedding chapel the service staff
greeted us with upset faces, we felt like we were enemies and not
guests at the wedding. After ushering us to our table we discovered
that the table cloth was torn and dirty. It looked like it had been
used before and did not get exchanged for another event. The chairs
were also dirty and it was especially uncomfortable to sit down for
the ladies in white dresses for the fear of getting stains on their
backs.

When the dinner started the food took a very long time to be served
for all guests. I saw one table already finishing up the food while
the last table was not served yet. All the time the wait staff did not
smile or felt us being welcome. One ladie and one gentlemen that
seemed to be the managers for that they wore a formal uniform were
standing at the entrance being busy on their phones texting or playing
games but they did not seem to pay attention to their guests. I asked
one of the waitresses and it was the banuqting manager and the vice
president of foods. No wondre that your staff does not smile when
their supervisors are not helping them and keeping themselves
entertained with the phones.

The food and drinks we were served were all tasty and nice. But when
we asked for refill the waiters told us that we would have to pay
extra so we did not want a refill but later found out that everything
was for free. So why did they tell us that we would have to pay? I
know that some of the other guests did and our wedding couple was so
embarresed about that. Why would anyone want the guests to pay when it
is free and paid for?

Later we decided to have a drink at the bar with our friends and we
saw the same lady sitting their drinking juices and busying herself
with the phone again. All the while the wedding was still going on.

Why is that? Are we not imporant enough to get the attention of your
management? Or maybe we did not pay the extra for the waiters to
receive a good service, I think your staff and workers should reunited
to make special events like weddings very succesful and a happy moment
for all the guests. Maybe you lack training or management skills?
Maybe we should pay extra to get a better servicer. Our friends are
very embarresed and too embaressed to write you.

I want to let you know this because we will also post this letter on
the internet review sites so other people are warened. I hope you will
improve and rectifyze this pending issues soon so your other guests
dont have this experiences.

Best regards,

Peter Hsu

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Andy D, Manager at E-Da Royal Hotel, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Peter,

On behalf of the management I want to thank you for your valuable time in speaking out and helping us understand how we have failed you, your family and friends. I want to convey my sincere apologies for the inexcusably poor experience. We are deeply regretful and saddened because what happened directly opposes the core values of our hotel. Speaking for myself, I would never tolerate this level of service at my own wedding reception.

I want to share with you that we have taken especially high notice of your testimonial and feedback from the newlyweds to make things right. We are in contact with the couple and are making constructive dialogue to make amends. This issue will not be overlooked and we will most definitely be addressing all concerned areas to change the attitudes and conduct of our people.

Again, we apologize for your experience. Thank you for your patronage and I hope in the future you will find our changes satisfactory.

Very Truly Yours,

Andy D
Hotel Management
Cebu Island, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012 via mobile

family w/ 2 8y.o kidz, pretty impressed w/ hotel frontage n lobby. excellent location w/ excellent bus transfer to e-da park n mall. very nice elegant rooms and very sumptous dinner n bfast all buffet. must try ferris wheel just walking distance opposite the hotel. great hotel views when your up and superb view esp at night. DEFINITELY recommend and even come back next time.

• Stayed April 2012
Taipei, Taiwan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

Ok so this is not a terrible hotel but here are my issues with it. The check-in process could have been more efficient, we had to wait in line twice and they were much slower than I'm used to in Taiwan/Hong Kong hotels these days. The room itself was about two years old but the carpets were already stained and looked like they needed replacing and the fabric chairs which were light tan colored were badly stained. Both were poor choices of colors by the hotel builder. I can live with stains though, what got me the worst were the paper thin walls, I could hear the neighboring rooms talking and laughing well into the night and could hear their phones ringing like it was in my own room. In this day and ang age there is no excuse for building a modern hotel without some sort of insulation inside walls. Other little peaves are: there are no mini-bars in the rooms, and when the shopping mall isn't open (11:00am) there is no pathway to walk to the theme park. On the positive side the room did not cost all that much, About 4000 NTD for a weekday and the nearby theme park is pretty fun

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
IHGCare, ihgcare at E-Da Royal Hotel, responded to this review, January 1, 2012
Dear Travelambler.

Thank you for your honest review of your stay at our hotel. I am sorry you did not find our hotel to your liking. All of our reviews are evaluated by management, and your review is no exception. We strive to provide the best guest experience possible, and will use some of the feedback you’ve provided to further improve our service. I hope you will consider us again when in Kaohsiung. Thank you again.

Brenda J.
IHGCare
Gurgaon, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

modern theme park, convention centre, huge room size, beautiful location, shopping mall at a walking distance of 2 min. perfect stay. beautiful stay!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

Best hotel in the Eda World, here you have theme park for the kids,outlet mall for shopaholic parents. Lot of things to do here for two day.This is the hotel to stay.Too bad there is NO free Wifi in hotel. Reserve your room from the Crown Plaza official website directly price are the lowest you can get even if you compare with the domestic market price. To save buy your theme park ticket only at 1500H, you can finish all the rides before 8pm.

Room Tip: garden room better