- Nice, big room
- Pretty good price
- Bathtub and shower separate
- Close to KMRT Station
- Night market in the vicinity
- Late checkout time (noon)
- Dining area has only a few tables
- Not much choice for breakfast
- Small lobby/front desk area
- Seems like there’s only 1 elevator
Thanks to a major concert taking place in Kaohsiung, we didn't have much choice left because most hotels were full. Seeing the positive comments about T-hotel, we decided to give it a shot.
The location of the hotel is pretty convenient. We got out of the Formosa Boulevard Station, and easily found our way after asking for directions at a police station next to the subway exit. The establishment is about a 5-minute walk from the police station (You can see it from the main road).
Checking in was fast, but the hotel only gave us 1 room key with attached card. The card needs to be in the slot to keep the room power on. The staff asked us to leave the key at the front desk when we go out, and pick it up when we come back.
The room is pretty big, with a huge bed and an additional couch with cozy pillows. The TV remote control was not your typical handheld device, but an oversize tablet connected to the wall via a cord. Not much view from our window, so we kept the curtain shut.
The bathroom has separate areas for shower and soaking. The hotel even included a pack of bath powder in the amenities, but we decided not to use it because the surface of the bathtub felt like there were residues and not cleaned thoroughly.
With a night market close by, we were able to get some local delicacies after the concert (we got back at about 1 in the morning). However, the choices for breakfast looks awfully meager compared to the night market food we had the night before.
The only thing I was concerned about was seeing only one elevator (though I didn't have time to explore the entire complex, so I might me wrong on this). At least the staircase is just around the corner, so traveling between the floor is not a real issue – unless you live on one of the top floors.
In conclusion, I think T-hotel is a good bargain, given its location, close proximity to food, price, and room size. I definitely recommend staying at this place if you’re visiting Kaohsiung.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your T Hotel Kaohsiung reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.