I stayed one week at the Kingship hotel in Kao-hsiung, which is just a few blocks from the harbor. Overall I had a great stay, and the service was excellent. My stay was in early January. The weather was mild: warm and sunny most days, but needing a light jacket on some evenings. The air is very polluted and many people wear face masks.
- The room had a large queen bed, desk and chair. Also a small fridge. No closet, but there was a place to hang coats and some desk space.
- Bathroom was a Western-style bathroom (i.e. sit-down toilet) with tub and shower head. Nice set of free toiletries were provided each day.
- Once you step in the tub, the height to the ceiling is only about 6 feet.
- Rooms on the outside of the building face out to Kao-hsiung. Rooms on the interior face into a lighted concrete shaft.
- Lobby and rooms were always very clean.
- The electrical outlets are 110-120V (I think), typical American 2-prong.
- The hotel stay included a large buffet breakfast every morning with a mix of Chinese and Western food.
- A laundry service is provided at the front desk where you pay by the item. Or the hotel has a cryptic looking washing machine you can use on your own.
- free internet computers in the lobby, and DSL connections in the rooms.
- You can change USD to Taiwan dollars at the front desk.
- I think the hotel had it's own restaurant too.
- Hotel is directly across from a 7-11, a bakery, and Chinese pharmacy. It's next to a tea shop, a bakery and an expensive Chinese restaurant.
- Around the corner is Wufu street, lined with clothing shops, a pizza hut, some food places, bars and pubs, and more 7-11 type stores.
- The surrounding area felt very safe, even at night. In fact. more people are out at night than during the day.
- Front desk staff were constantly very helpful and polite
- There was always at least one person at the front desk who spoke fluent English.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your The Kingship Hotel Kaohsiung reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.