“Amazing Mexican food!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 359 Restaurants in Hualien
5.0 of 5 stars 126 Reviews
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Mexican food in Hualien downtown, chill place, chill music, own by a foreigner who loves Hualien and lives here. We have burritos, nachos, hard tacos, soft tacos, quesadillas, and draft beer.Free wifi. Enjoy your trip in Hualien, enjoy your food in Dos Tacos! Welcome!
England
“Amazing Mexican food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We wept with joy when eating at this restaurant after three weeks of being faced with noodles and offal night after night. This was one of the best Mexican meals we have had in a long time and a great and friendly Canadian host. We urge you to seek this restaurant out!!!!!!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Taipei, Taiwan
“Salsa dancing in Hualien.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

What can I say that hasn’t already been said? This place is amazing! Hands down the best Mexican food in Taiwan! My family and I couldn’t just go once. We ended up visiting a second time while in Hualien. We tried several different items on the menu and everything was superb. It is even perfect for families with picky eaters, like my kids.

Jason is the owner and makes the place that much more enjoyable. He was fun to talk with and had lots of good stories. He is charismatic and understanding of children. He performed a few card tricks for my boys on our second visit. My kids felt so welcomed they even started dancing to the music.

The pricing is average for a specialty restaurant in Taiwan and we were able to feed a family of 4, with drinks and dessert for about 1000 NT. Much better pricing than what one would pay in the US. Dos Tacos is also easy to find and close to the night market. It makes it convenient to make a whole night out of the evening. If there is one place you must try while in Hualien it is this place.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
“Nice mexican food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Burrito and tacos were awesome. But the fried ice cream was more of the attraction.. Staffs are nice and friendly.. Limited seats in a small shop.. Good atmosphere

Shanghai, China
“If I got hit by a car as I walked out the door after eating dinner here, I'd die happy.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Been living on the Beautiful Island off and on for six years, and always lamented the lack of credible Mexican food. Also this summer has been particularly heinous and I can't stop thinking how much I'd love a cold margarita. This place totally hits the spot. We had a giant plate of cheesy, delicious nachos, two plates of hard tacos, margaritas, a dirty mojito, and peach empanadas. I regret nothing. If the weather holds, we'll be back for more.

Atlanta, Georgia
“An actual Mexican restaurant that you find in the States”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I've been living in Taiwan for a year, and coming to this place was excellent, as I miss Mexican food! The portions are hefty and the menu contains all the classics from nachos, soft tacos, hard tacos, quesadillas, enchiladas, chimichangas, and more. They also put their little spin on things, like making a dirty mojito. The owner is 100% sociable and friendly and loves to talk. He actually comes from Canada. Although it is a bit pricey, 200-300NT, I would come back when I am in Hualian next.

My only concern is why the quesadilla didn't come with the small portions of guac, salsa, and sour cream.

• Visited July 2014