“I simply love this hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Lakeshore Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.142 Jung Mei Road, Hualien CIty, Hualien, Taiwan   |
Ranked #5 of 107 Hotels in Hualien
singapore
“I simply love this hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

It was awesome staying at Lakeshore. I didn't regret booking this hotel as through my search for hotel in Hualien, I would confidently say Lakeshore is the best so far. I heard from my driver that this hotel is up only for a year plus so you can be sure everything is still new and well maintained. We booked 1 Deluxe twin room for 2 pax & another Deluxe family room for 4 pax from 10 to 12 Jan 2014. Rooms are big and spacious, clean, bed is comfy. Hotel staffs serve you like you're in a 5 star hotel. Check in and check out was fast, breakfast spread is good enough, hotel has facilities like 温泉, sauna and gym. My brother in law arranged flowers to be sent to our room and it was very well arranged. They were very quiet about it when my sister was at the reception. When we returned to the room in the evening, the bouquet of flowers was placed on a chair right infront of the door. My sis was surprised as she was the one opening the door and it was right there infront of her. I would say the hotel staffs at Lakeshore are very professional,efficient and helpful. They would go the extra mile to make your day a better one. I will rate this hotel 5/5! Definitely will stay here if I am visiting Hualien again.

• Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Lakeshore Hotel Hualien - is one nice hotel. The room we were given was impressive, you could say ultra-modern. Something that you may find in a designer magazine.
Extremely large bathroom with separate shower and tub, in our case the view from the bath was of the city and hills, the more fortunate guests had ocean view that is at least 1.5km (1 mile) away.

Free high-speed internet is available and extremely reliable, one of the best that we have found to date.

As for location, somewhat isolated though there are a few shop within walking distance.

The buffet breakfast is of typical hotel fare, and price. For us it was included in our package pricing. As an optional item pricey, as is the case with most hotels.

Would we recommend this establishment: Yes

Would we return: yes

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

The hotel is very new, quite a contrast to its surrounding. The staff are friendly and always ready to greet you with a smile. There are 8 floors of rooms facing either the sea or the mountain (street-side). The rooms are big and modernly designed with a balcony. The buffet breakfast has a good variety of choices however the menu repeated for at least two days that I stayed. Unlike some other hotels in the area, Lakeshore does not provide bicycle rental for their guests. This is quite disappointing because the hotel is actually quite a distance away from the city centre, and it's quite difficult to get taxi around the hotel. What worse is there isn't any good restaurant (except a few small eating houses) or shop nearby. Fortunately, hotel provides free transfer to the train station by reservation. Overall, recommended but be mindful of the inconvenient.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Well I stayed here for one day, it was quite good though...But when I was sleeping, I can here people nextdoor speaking very loudly, that was horrible as I was very tired and they were talking so loudly and their TV volume was on max.i hope the hotel will improve on that.But I was lucky to get a room with a seaview.Anyway there were some shops opposite the hotel, but most of it was clinics...but I will consider to stay in this hotel the next time I'm in taiwan :)

• Stayed November 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

It looks to me like an almost brand new hotel.
I was given a room on the higher floor with sea view as requested when I made the booking with Agoda.
The shower room and bathtub are located in the front portion of the room next to the glass panel. I guess this is probably the latest trend of hotel room layout or it is commonly referred as the Balinese style. Frankly, I do not enjoy taking bath or shower in the “public”, do you? Of course you have a curtain to block it out of view if you want more privacy. Yes is true (see pic1 ) . Imagine if you have a pair of binoculars you could actually see from far. The position of WC is near the entrance like what you will find in most hotel rooms. With such arrangement, I personally find it “inconvenient”. But the plus point is that the hotel is really brand new. Everything is new, clean and shinning.
This hotel served reasonably good breakfast. Again, I could not find any yoghurt, no fry eggs and cheese in this Taiwanese hotel. Since they served international buffet, I just wonder why they cannot have these popular items included for Westerners, I guess they focus more on tourists from mainland China, because cheese and yoghurt are not popular items in the breakfast list of the Chinese. On the whole, the hotel room rate charged is value for money.
The hotel is not in the town center, you may not have much choice in buying hawkers food for dinner in the vicinity of the hotel. But don’t worry, you may want to try out this restaurant (Chi - Ye h Cypress Museum – is a restaurant) which is just a 3 minute walk from the hotel. Try it out, you will not regret. It is reasonably priced. A set dinner is only about USD12.00 (see pic ). I must say that the food is value for money – I rated this as 100% satisfying.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Okinawa, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We arrived very late in Hualien and the roads were closed due to rock fall. Our taxi driver took us to the Lakeshore Hotel and we were greeted and helped upon arrival. Because we arrived late they gave us a very nice room at a discount. 8th floor, ocean views, beautiful. We were traveling with a 1 year old and they provided a nice small crib for him. Our favorite part of the room was the huge tub and shower room enclosed in glass and overlooking the ocean. Judy at the front desk was very helpful and spoke excellent English. Then buffet breakfast had a huge variety. Overall this was a pleasant change of plans and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Bulle, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Stay at the lovely spacious room with huge twin beds and free in room internet access. Nice restaurant with delicious food. Too bad that the location is far away from the center and tourist attraction.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Lakeshore Hotel? Share your experiences!