“Great restaurant ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau de Chine Hotel Hualien

Save Saved
You added Chateau de Chine Hotel Hualien to your Saves list
Chateau de Chine Hotel Hualien
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.2 Yongxing Road, Hualien City, Hualien 970, Taiwan (Formerly Chinatrust Hotel Hualien)   |
Ranked #7 of 100 hotels in Hualien
“Great restaurant ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

For my business I trace to hualien often and my first choice is chateau de chine restaurant any kind of food Chinese and international the quality is exellent I love the desert always I take a mix of all
Service very good place nice and clean little expense but for the quantity and quality is fine

Stayed March 2014

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

This is the 2nd hotel I stayed in Hualien after a 3 days cycling trip. A delightful hotel with very cheerful decor. All small things that touches you, including a welcome drink with a piece of cake in an art room while we checked in. The staff is extremely helpful. They gave me a room with beautiful seaview. The breakfast menu is superb. We stayed 2 nights. The first night we took a 10 min taxi ride to the night market. The 2nd night, after spending the day whale watching and walking by the seaside in the rain, we decided to try their dinner buffet. That was a good decision !!Food was really fresh and delicious. Must not miss the dinner buffet. And above all, free flow of beer and red wine with the buffet dinner :)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was great. Room was very comfortable, great bath products. Breakfast buffet offer a huge selection of foods - something for everyone. Seafood dinner buffet was also excellent. Fresh seafood, a lot of options. Best of all is the friendly, and very helpful staff at the hotel. Will definitely stay there again if I have the opportunity to go to Hualien.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

They gave us a family room for 4 adults and a double room for 2 adults - both rooms are of the same size and same types of beds. So the family room felt a little castrophobic to me. Facilities are pleasant, the breakfast range is great - we like it.

Location is not so good as it is far from the night street market - will cost you around TWN$200 to TWN$250 for one way taxi ride to get there. The hotel counter provides currency exchange and the rates are comparable.

Room Tip: Ask someone to translate the free happy hour drinks for you - in chinese it is buy 1 get 1 free not...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

The room and the bed is very big I hope I take my whole family on my vacation that day! I like the feeling in the room because its brown paint made me feel very homey.

In the morning, I felt very happy when I see their breakfast menu, a lot of drink, food, fruits, breads and cakes! Their staff in very helpful for me, the can tell i'm a moslem so they forbid me to eat anything with pork or alcohol in it. Thank You!

Oh, the bathroom is very clean too.

I met a sport star in this hotel, a bunch of girls was screaming around her and asking him for signature. I dont know who he is. But I think it is great to take a photo with a star (even though i don't know who he is)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Chateau de Chine is an offbeat, kitschy hotel masquerading as a regular hotel or vice versa. It feels like a large, tour group kind of hotel, but then there are animal "mascots" in the lobby and cartoons on the signage. It's just a bit slightly odd.

Anyway, the staff is extremely friendly and welcoming and it has a laid-back environment. We had a nice fruit and cookies plate in our room upon arrival, though the decor has seen better days - there were stains on the worn carpet and the bathroom door was chipped.

Food is extremely mediocre, so you'll do much better exploring the local streets for authentic Taiwanese food.

Overall, it is a convenient place to stay if you plan a day trip to Taroko Gorge, but just be prepared for the quirkiness of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Newcastle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I chose this hotel because it looked fun and funky on the outside! Never judge a book by its cover. The hotel is actually staid and plain inside but that's not its biggest crime. I could like with the drab interiors but the soundproofing in the room was awful. Noise came from the hallways and from the traffic outside. The hotel is surrounded by roads on three sides ( something not apparent in the pictures). The bed was also rock hard, I mean not much softer than a carpeted floor. I couldn't understand how other reviews on trip advisor had said the bed was comfortable, but when I moved rooms it was a different bed, still hard but softer than my first bed... so if you must stay at this hotel ask for a high floor and a soft bed. As a minor point reception was a catastrophe, staff more interested in doing paperwork, answering the phone ( mid conversation with guests) and flitting about from one guest to another. Very poor service. Breakfast was a noisy and not very relaxing experience. Food was standard. If you are into Taiwanese breakfast then it could be considered a wide selection. There is parking but it was chockablock. Once I got my space I took a taxi into tow as didn't want to loose it! I paid 94 quid for this hotel which really was a joke for what it was like.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Been to Chateau de Chine Hotel Hualien? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Chateau de Chine Hotel Hualien

Address: No.2 Yongxing Road, Hualien City, Hualien 970, Taiwan (Formerly Chinatrust Hotel Hualien)
Location: Taiwan > Hualien
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #7 of 100 hotels in Hualien
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Chateau de Chine Hotel Hualien 3.5*
Commercial 10-story Hotel situated 2 km from train station & 6 km from Hualien Airport (courtesy transfer). ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Chateau de Chine Hotel Hualien reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Chateau de Chine Hotel Hualien, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.