“First class service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau de Chine Hotel Hualien

You added Chateau de Chine Hotel Hualien to your Saves list
Chateau de Chine Hotel Hualien
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.2 Yongxing Road, Hualien City, Hualien 970, Taiwan (Formerly Chinatrust Hotel Hualien)   |
Ranked #16 of 116 Hotels in Hualien
Ridgefield
“First class service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Our family (2 adults and 2 kids) took a 3-day trip to Hualien when we visited families in Taipei. We chose Chateau de China for its value - a tour included and 2 breakfast and 1 dinner. The room is spacious, pleasant and clean. The food is DELICOUS. But what I want to highlight is their exceptional service. I had questions before booking the room and had email exchanges with the hotel. They answered my questions promptly and were very unfront about the price. When we arrived at the hotel, they made us feel very welcome and they were very helpful. They recommend places we can visit and help arranged transportation. When we went out the first day, as we were getting into the taxi, a staff ran out to us, handing us 4 bottles of water for our trip! One night my daughter didn't feel well and wanted some congee. I looked around in the restaurant (we were having buffet dinner) and didn't see congee. When I inquired about it, the chef said "I will go cook some for her right now". 15 minutes later she had what she needed! I am very grateful for their service.

The hotel is not in the center of the town, which can be a good or bad thing depending on what you want. But it's a short taxi ride into the town. We prefer to be away from the town center. My husband and I took a short walk toward the water. It was a nice walk. There is a stone sculpture museum nearby, which we didn't have time to go, but looks like a nice place to visit. Although the surroudning is not as developed as the city center, the place is very safe.

We enjoyed our trip. They can get taxi for you charged by hour, to go anywhere you want. And the taxi drivers were all very friendly and helpful, acting also as a guide. We found this to be the best for us. We also went on their tour (included in the package), but we didn't like it because it didn't give us enough time at the sightseeing places, but let us out in a shopping place for one hour. I wished we would just hire our own taxi, if we knew what the tour was like.

I recommend this hotel to anyone. I want to thank all of the hotel staff for their exceptional service.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

I stayed here for one night earlier this month. Location wise, it wasn't all that good. The surrounding areas was poorly lit and run down, making a night stroll pretty scary. Having said that, the river near the hotel made it a nice morning stroll for me.

The hotel exterior itself was very colourful with a hotel logo plastered at the entrance, much like a university building rather than a hotel.

The rooms themselves was functional without being outstanding. I certainly have no complaints about them.

Buffet breakfast selection was good and the staff were generally kind. All in all, a good and interesting hotel to say the least.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

We (family of three adults) spent one night here on a package tour of Taiwan in December 2011. The room was very clean and well-appointed, with a flat screen TV and a lot of cable channels, including a few in English. They are very well organized for package tours (most of which are Japanese and Chinese), and the staff lined up outside to farewell our bus. There is a very good buffet breakfast selection, and a convenience store just across the road.

• Stayed December 2011
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I stayed at Chateau de Chine on a package tour - I think it was previously called the Chinatrust Hotel.

The hotel makes a big deal about its Mondriane theme, but really this is confined entirely to its exterior appearance - inside it looks like any other hotel. We were also told the hotel has an excellent "green" rating due to energy saving measures.

My room was average sized and comfortable enough, but nothing special.

The hotel is about 30-40 minutes walk from the city centre, and you can take the second half of that walk along the river, which is pleasant. There are also plenty of convenience stores, restaurants and, noticeably, clinics and chemists nearby.

The breakfast buffet was extensive, but had very few vegetarian choices which made it my most disappointing breakfast in Taiwan.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I am not sure how I came accross this hotel, since it doesn't have any reviews on Tripadvisor, but I am glad as to how the circumstances worked out, because it turned out to be a pleasant experience.

As soon as we parked in front of the entrance, two bell boys readily came to help with the luggage. Then as we approached the front desk to check in, we were invited to try the hotel's special local tea and sweets. I couldn't indulge as I don't like tea, but I appreciated the token of hospitality very much. Every staff member was nice and polite, and most only knew basic English, there were a few that were good enough to translate where needed.
In the morning, we missed breakfast (thought it was until 10am, but in fact it was until 9:30am), but we were nevertheless served egg sandwiches, fruit and coffee simply because of being nice and hospitable. Kudos for that!
They have a dinner buffet for 700NTD per person, but we went to the ala carte Chinese restaurant instead. Had an ok meal for 1100NTD for two, quite frankly, I wouldn't recommend.

The hotel was also very pleasant to stay at - nice sized room, bathroom, pleasant common areas. As in most of Taiwan - free wireless net, welcome fruit on arrival + free bottles of water.
One complaint - super hard mattresses, felt like beaten with a stick when I woke up in the morning. Pillows were a hit and miss - mine was ok, hubby's felt like it was made of styrofoam balls.
In case you are driving: parking is free.

The room rate was 110USD per night, so in my book - this hotel was good value for money.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

Chateau de Chine in Hualien is a fabulous hotel and perfect for a family. The rooms are a good size and are well sound proofed. There is a well proportioned outside pool with central fountain. The restaurant was able to accommodate a vegetarian diet and all staff are friendly and approachable. To be recommended. *****

• Stayed July 2011
indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2009

They have a standard 4 star hotel lobby layout, nothing special. The room corridor is very spacious and warm with its contemporer piece of chinese painting. And the room is so lovable! I really like the design. The furniture is very nice, a soft wooden color. The combination of the carpet, the wallpaper, the curtain is very perfect and make the room seems very relaxing. The bathroom is very clean and bright. The proportion is very perfect. The bed is also big and comfort. And there is also a common facilities such as gym, sauna, game center, pool, and table tennis to play. Great hotel!

• Stayed October 2008