My husband and I wanted to get away from the city and to see Taroko Gorge. Silks Place was recommended by an acquaintance -- to whom I owe a big thank-you. When we arrived we upgraded from a mountain view suite to a Retreat Floor river view suite and spa package. What a brilliant idea!
The room and its lanai overlooked the river and a scenic pagoda and lovely grounds. The room and bathroom were spacious, quiet, clean, beautifully furnished, and the amenities were surprising in quality and quantity. The food was excellent. In the hotel spa we enjoyed massages and I had a first-class facial. There is a rooftop pool and Jacuzzis, tennis courts and fire pit – surrounded by spectacular views. The gorge tours -- an amenity included in our package -- were great: James and Debie were excellent guides. The staff -- May, James, Monica, Janet, and all the rest too numerous to mention -- are truly the most valuable assets of this resort. They were like family, very helpful, friendly, always cheerful, and they made us feel very comfortable and relaxed. We only had to ask about something and it was handled for us; sometimes we didn't even have to ask -- they intuitively knew what we wanted/needed or what would make our stay even more perfect. They assisted us on our trip to visit the town of Hualien and offered many suggestions. Our trip was so perfect and we were so reluctant to leave that we extended for a 4th night and would have liked to stay much longer.
We will definitely return at the first opportunity and will highly recommend this resort to anyone who indicates the slightest interest in going to the gorge. If you want peace and quiet, in lovely surroundings, with an attentive, friendly staff, this is the place to go. My recommendation: get a river view suite package on the Retreat Floor -- you won't regret it – and plan to stay as long as you possibly can.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silks Place Taroko open in December 2009 after renovation with 47 Suites and 113 Resort rooms located at the Taroko Gorge surrounded from breath taking marble mountain.The best Hotel in Taroko to stay and enjoy the beauty of The National Park Taroko. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your Silks Place Taroko reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silks Place Taroko Hotel Hualien
- Grand Formosa Taroko Hualien
- Grand Formosa Taroko Hotel