Silks Place Taroko for me was the relief at the end of a long journey from Taipei. It starts the relaxing as soon as you enter the minimalist lobby. After an easy check in I was taken to my room which backed out onto the bottom of the mountains and I slept in a firm but comfortable bed to the sound of a stream bubbling outside.
The hotel has a great swimming pool on roof which is a nice place to relax; and gives you a 360 view of the valley around you. The restaurant was the usual buffet; which I generally avoid- but there is no a la carte option here. The internet was not especially quick but the wifi worked great in my room at the coffee shop.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silks Place Taroko open in December 2009 after renovation with 47 Suites and 113 Resort rooms located at the Taroko Gorge surrounded from breath taking marble mountain.The best Hotel in Taroko to stay and enjoy the beauty of The National Park Taroko. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Silks Place Taroko reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silks Place Taroko Hotel Hualien
- Grand Formosa Taroko Hualien
- Grand Formosa Taroko Hotel