This hotel is in the most beautiful location, the gorge is absolutely overwhelming in terms of grandour and beauty ... I've never seen anything so lovely and sort of scary at the same time as it's clear that rocks come tumbling down every now and then! You're recommended to wear helmets in the tunnels although many people, including me, are pretty silly and don't! However, cominig back to the sanity of my own world, I would definitely recommend wearing a helmet if you go exploring in the tunnels etc.
The facilities at the hotel are very good, the rooftop pool is lovely set up high with the gorge around you. There's also a downstairs pool but I'm not sure why anyone would other with this when the rooftop one is so great.
The grounds were set out with bushes that particularly attracted the butterflies that are so prevalent here. Absolutely amazing walking along and seeing so many butterflies landing on the bushes ... also great to see the odd massive spider hanging off its' web in the trees!
Staff were really helpful and English was spoken well. Free internet available. Unfortunately I didn't get her name but one Receptionist was particularly helpful and went to endless trouble when we were havng difficulty checking in on line for our flight next day.
Lots of things to see and you can either drive/cycle around and observe them or you can apply for permission to walk along the trails. I'm not sure about the procedure for this because we weren't there long enough to do this but I'm sure walking the trails would be lovely. I think this hotel and this area was probably the highlight of our holiday for me. We had a great time here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silks Place Taroko open in December 2009 after renovation with 47 Suites and 113 Resort rooms located at the Taroko Gorge surrounded from breath taking marble mountain.The best Hotel in Taroko to stay and enjoy the beauty of The National Park Taroko. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Silks Place Taroko reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silks Place Taroko Hotel Hualien
- Grand Formosa Taroko Hualien
- Grand Formosa Taroko Hotel