“One of my best stays in Taiwan!” 5 of 5 stars

Sleeping Boot Backpackers
No.73 Jinfeng Street, Hualien City, Hualien 970, Taiwan   |
Ranked #2 of 105 Specialty Lodging in Hualien
Singapore, Singapore
“One of my best stays in Taiwan!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Definitely one of my best stays in my 3.5 weeks trip around Taiwan! Not only the price is decent and cheap, but the quality of the facilities are also fantastic and well maintained. Bathroom and toilets, as well as the common areas are super clean and tidy! Definitely makes you feel at home!

The only missing point is that there are no laundry facilities and the nearest laudromat is at least 15-20mins walk away from the hostel. Other than that, location of the hostel is pretty central and train and bus terminal is just 10 - 15 mins walk away from it. And nearby there are entertainments too such as cinemas and bowling alley!

Got trapped in Hualian for extra 2 nights when Typhoon Matmo hits. And i guess its a blessing in disguise as we were able to stay in the hostel for a longer time and get to interact and know every other travellers better and making new friends from all over the world! The owners Qi Fong and Paul even organised a bowling outing as well as a dinner outing during the typhoon and we really enjoyed ourselves!

Many thanks to the owners and helpers (QiFong, Paul, Becky, Sunny and AhPao) for the overwhelming warmth and hospitality! Hualian is a beautiful place, definitely a must visit in Taiwan!

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I stayed in July 2014 for 4 nights in this lovely HOSTEL. The People were really friendly and helpful, the room was clean and the beds are amazing. Also the living room and the Location is great. If I would come to Hualien again, I would definitifly go there again =) Thanks for all dear Becky and dear Paul!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Is the best ! Near to train station, simple but very nice hostel. Paul are very friendly and very helpful. Is a heaven place for backpacker all over the world gather here. During my stay, had my chances meet new friends from France,Germany,China,India,HongKong and etc.. and hear their stories.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Chofu, Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Such a lovely place! The softest bedding ever!
Becky and Fong are very friendly and helpful. They know about the town and surroundings very well. They always have the answer for your question. Hualien wasn't my original plan so I haven't done any research what I can do there, but they so easily made my stay contented.
All the rooms are kept very clean and sensibly color coordinated. Universal outlet and safety locker are provided. 10mins walk from the Hualien station. 5mins walk to the town central. It was a very comfortable stay. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I went to Hualien with my two friends last week and decided to stay in this hostel. We were received by Paul and he is one very friendly host. What I like about him the most is he takes the effort to get to know all the guests' names. He briefed us on the places that we could visit and the transportation choices that we can choose from and provided us a very clear map. The hostel also provide informative brochures and information in some tourist attractions.

Paul's friendliness has got many other backpackers to start chit chatting in the living room. He introduced us to one another. I also manged to make a few friends there during my stay.

The interior of the hostel is simple yet painted in vibrant colors. What I miss most about the hostel is the bed and the blanket. So comfy. So, if I ever go back to Hualien, I will definitely stay in Sleeping Boot Backpacker Hostel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Klang, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Paul, one of the staff there is extremely helpful. He briefed and guided me through the places to see at Taroko as well as Hualien itself with where to eat. He made me feel at home at once and introduced me to all the rest of the guests there which is an excellent way of meeting new people.
Definitely the place to stay if you intend to visit Hualien.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Jurong, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights at Sleeping Boot.
Arriving on a late night train, I was on my way to the hostel, when I received the first surprise. There was this cyclist who came to fetch me. Turns out to b a staff of sleeping boot who came out to find me..
He was friendly, accommodating and very service oriented. So 2nd day after my trip to Taroko, I came back to be received by the owner, Qi Feng. He was impeccable. He really attempted to bring the guests together by doing an introduction, where possible. This helps break the ice for many of us. And he was really patient in his introductions and recommendation on things to do, and food to eat. I'm leaving Hualian early, since my whale watching tour is cancelled, but it gives me a good reason to be back in hualian and sleeping boot in future.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Been to Sleeping Boot Backpackers? Share your experiences!