“Very sincere and comfortable minsu” 5 of 5 stars

Hualien 11
No.13 Guofu Street, Hualien, Taiwan   |
Ranked #19 of 85 Specialty lodging in Hualien
Singapore, Singapore
“Very sincere and comfortable minsu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The lady boss, Lisa, is very nice and sincere and her minsu is clean, comfortable, spacious... we really couldn't bear to leave the place on our last day.
We rode a bike and lost our way and was really nervous but Lisa sent 小老板 to guide us back from the train station.
We were well taken care of.
This is one of our best stays in Taiwan.

Room Tip: VIP room is very very big with a very pretty table, on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Hangzhou
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Hi Lisa, Xiao Laoban (Little Boss), and Lucky (the little Puppy)

I miss you so much!

Since I arrived at Hualien, you took care of me like a family member, Picked me up from Hualien Railway Station. Arranged me so lovely room, brought me so yummy food, played games with me, listened my complaint to the dark side of the world.

When I would like to travel further, you also helped me arranged the best chauffeur Mr. Jing Kexing arround the Hualien area.

All I would like to say is Greatly Appreciate for the kind treatment when I travel to Hualien.

I really could not eat any further, too much nice food in my stomach.

Will definately recommend too everyone, single traveller, couple, small group, or family.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Lisa and Xiao Lao Ban (Little Boss) are great host and made us feel very much at home!!! Lisa picked us up personally at Hualien train station, which is located less than 10 mins from the hostel. We were always well fed and well taken care of. We even played card games with other guests. Lisa and Little Boss were happy to chat with us too :)

The location is great: just 3 mins walk from supermarket, fruit stalls, night market and eateries. The room was newly renovated (well furnished) and clean. Each room has different theme and is very spacious. The photos that Lisa uploaded on this site are really exactly what you will see. It was a pity that we didn't get to explore Hualien due to typhoon. It really touched us that Lisa kept in touch with us to be sure that we got home safely! I will definitely stay @ Hualien 11 when I visit Hualien again! Thx Lisa and Little Boss :D

Room Tip: You will be spoilt for choice because every room is simply wonderful.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Recently stayed in this minsu for 2 nights. Big and beautiful decorated room. Paid TWD400 x 4 per night which is very reasonable.

This minsu is about 10 minutes walk from Hualien Station Rear exit. You can request the owner, Lisa, to fetch you from the station. We had great fun playing with her intelligent dog named Lucky.

She can also arrange the Taroko Gorge tour. I paid TWD800 per person for it. This tour will take you a whole day with a personalised driver/guide and 8-seater van.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Thank you so much to the owner Lisa. She was available to assist us with anything and everything we needed. She picked us up at the train station, helped us to book our dinner reservations, booked a guided tour of Taroko Gorge for us, called taxies when we needed them, booked a white water rafting tour for us, suggested things to do nearby the hostel, and answered any general questions we had. She was also happy to sit and chat with us when we had down time. It was nice to have a friendly face to help us out.

The hostel was extremely clean and welcoming. The inside and outside look to be newly renovated. We live in Taiwan and have seen the inside of many Taiwanese hotels/apartments/hostels and this place is by far the nicest.

Each room is decorated differently in really interesting styles. We had 2 rooms- ours was really spacious, had a huge King sized four poster bed, a vanity, a table that seated 6 people, a huge flat screen TV, a fridge, a roof painted like clouds, an enclosed balcony, and a nice sized bathroom.

The other room was pink with a queen canopy bed, cute vanity, and many cute pink additions.

Some 3-4 star hotels in Taiwan do not have rooms this nice- you will love it! Great place!

Room Tip: We stayed in 2 rooms on the 4th floor- the blue room is much larger than the pink room - but they ar...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Both of the hosts, Lisa and Little Boss, are wonderful people who'd gone lengths to make our stay as enjoyable and comfortable as possible. As an example, Lisa actually drove to the station to personally pick us up, and even made wonderful recommendations on places we an dine at. The rooms we stayed at were fantastic - it was meticulously decorated, the shower's really cool, and the bed more comfortable than words can express, simply put it is hotel quality for hostel price. In addition, Lisa has also taken the trouble to help us organize trips to Taroko Gorge, Rafting and Ocean Park at very affordable prices. Furthermore, the lady tour guide Lisa recommended for Taroko Gorge was extremely professional, dependable and knowledgeable as well.
Definitely worth coming back to on my next trip. =)

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms have a pretty great view of the mountain scenery
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

My stay at Hualien 11 was absolutely fantastic. The owner, Lisa, was lovely and very helpful, my room beautiful, spacious and clean and the hostel's location was very convenient. Lisa was so kind as to pick me up from the train station and to arrange a great day trip to Taroko Gorge for me. Hualien 11 really deserves a 5 star rating!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to Hualien 11? Share your experiences!