“服務好 Good service” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Lienfook Hostelry Hualien to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Lienfook Hostelry Hualien
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.1 Alley 1, Lane 336, Zhongzheng Rd, Hualien City, Hualien 970, Taiwan   |
Ranked #25 of 101 hotels in Hualien
Hong Kong, China
“服務好 Good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

在花蓮六福客棧住了三個晚上.店員服務態度良好,樂於提供幫助.

客棧設備簡單,居住環境舒適,清潔.

如果下次再到花蓮,也會選擇住在六福客棧.

Leofook is the hostel of your choice. Good service re: the staff. They are helpful.

Clean dwelling unit, you will find yourself at home.

Recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Eliwu, 經理 at Lienfook Hostelry Hualien, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at lienfook Hostelry . I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and to receive such a positive and warm review of your stay.

we hope to see you again

Once again thank you to choosing to stay with us .

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night in 15 February 2013. The only reason we booked there because I couldn't book the train ticket to another city at the last minute. We have to stay in hualian for one extra night. We chose this hotel in a rush. Just for one night.

When we arrived the hotel, I asked if they can drive us to a train station tomorrow morning before 8 am. They told me that they can not do that because the driver starts to work from 9am. I am a little bit upset. They didn't pick us up from the train station. In exchange they told me over the phone they will send us to a train station. Therefore I complained about that. The guy in the reception apologized to me. We understand and accept it.

However I came downstairs again to borrow a power charge. I left the reception and were waiting in the lift, the girl in the reception with a poke face (don't know how she can use a poke face to work in the reception of a hotel ) speak very aloud in order for me to hear it. She complained to the guy that I should know they don't provide a car service before 9am because I booked from their website, I didn't pay a big money and should suck it up, and blabla. The guy tried to calm her down. I was shocked at that time. I have never experienced those customer service in any where of the world.

Once I got up into our room, I checked their website immediately. Guess what? They provide a car service from 7:30am to 9pm in their book website, not 9am like they told me.

I called the reception, the guy answered the phone. I expressed my bad feelings and asked him about the time issue. The guy politely apologized for the misunderstanding and bad words from the girl. He booked 7:30am to pick us up from the hotel to the train station. The outcome is good. Thanks for his great assistance.

After all, I feel it is necessary to write down my experience. Hope the hotel manager can improve their customer service to avoid another guest experiencing those terrible service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

First of all - when you book, make sure that you ask for the airport/train station pick-up, as I had absolutely no hope of finding this place. It is off a side alley off a minor road near the CBD. The staff met me at Hualien train station and gave me a nice overview of the area. Upon checking in, I was given several maps of the local area (only one of which proved useful) and a card of the hotel in English and Mandarin in case I needed to take a taxi back.

While the staff were very helpful and provided excellent service, the room lacked somewhat. The mattress was rock hard and the pillows were very soft and very uncomfortable. The room was very dimly lit, couch had no "substance" to it, so when I sat down I felt like I was falling through. Also, noise from the road made for a very disturbing night's sleep. Free wi-fi was a very nice touch.

That being said for sheer value (TWD1800), location, friendly staff it was still worth it. Some of the other accommodation options leave a lot to be desired and the Lienfook is the best of the pickings.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Eliwu, 經理 at Lienfook Hostelry Hualien, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Lienfook Hostelry . I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and to receive a review of your stay. Regarding of the mattress , we already mention to our purchase department to see how to make the mattress more cozy , once again thank you to stay with us .

Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located about 10 minute walk from the main part of Hualien with all the shops and food stalls. The hotel looks as if it has been renovated not long ago with all of the bedrooms having a chic budget look. Mattresses are firm but not too hard, plenty of warm water in the closed off shower, room was very clean and even some English channels on the TV. Staff speak English and are very helpful and willing. Taxi ride to train station costs around 140-150NT and takes 5 minutes.
Only downside is the somewhat poor breakfast which is a variety of Western and Asian options. But with a hotel in this range its actually a bonus to even have breakfast.

Room Tip: try and get a room that is furthest from the elevator because it makes a little noise...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Lienfook Hostelry . I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and to receive such a review of your stay. regarding of the breakfast we already spoken to the chef to change the selection of the breakfast to giving the guest have more selection, once again thank you to stay with us

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is really a value of $$ hotel. It's near the town center, the staff were great and the rooms were clean. I really couldn't ask for more. It was one of the better places we stayed at during the trip. If you're into walking, you could walk to the sea-side in 20mins. The town center's about 10mins away.

I found the breakfast so-so though. It's a buffet but the selection was pretty blah. But then, it's a smallish hotel so I really could not expect more.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Once again I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Lienfook Hostelry .

Kristiansand, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

We paid 1400 TWD for one night and it was good value for the money. English-speaking staff. The room had windows, the room was clean and we got everything we needed, exept it was only cold water in the shower.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Eliwu, 經理 at Lienfook Hostelry Hualien, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and glad to hear that you are satisfied with your stay

It was indeed our pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards
malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

The hotel proved almost everything you need and expect in a hotel. The location is not near to the town city of HuaLien, but was located near the main road. The night market was like 20 mins walking distance and few mins walking distance to nearest convenience store. So, if you looking for some hotel near the center part or night market, then this hotel is not your choice.

You can have a good sleep as the hotel was located in a quiet place off the main road and have their own car park space for the guest. The breakfast as for standard taiwan's hotels, porridge, bread/toast/ ham, fruit and tea and coffee.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying at LIenfook huealien and posting your review on Tripadvisor.com. We appreciate your recommendation .

Thanks again for your stay with us and we look forward to your return visit next time you come to Hualien.

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Lienfook Hostelry Hualien? Share your experiences!