“Charming place with friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of New Life Spring Resort

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hualien
New Life Spring Resort
You added New Life Spring Resort to your Saves list
No.41-5 Spring (An-Tong), Yuli Downtown,, Hualien 98147, Taiwan   |
Ranked #42 of 117 Hotels in Hualien
Kristiansand, Norway
“Charming place with friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

When we came to the hotel in the middle of the day we thought the hotel was shut down because there was no one to see. But inside a very friendly and funny man met us and showed us around. The guests were all outdoors to explore the nature.
We chose a room with our own hot spring. The room was spacy and clean. The bathroom was a little small and the toilet flooded when used at the same time as the shower. The shower was in the same room as the hot spring, and was a little shabby.
The hot spring tub was delicious and we spent many ours there. Anyway I think they could have made some effort to make the hot spring room a little more cozy.
The price included breakfast and dinner. Very good dinner where we chose and "boiled" our own fresh vegetables. We came too late for breakfast, but of course they fixed some bread and fruit for us before we left.
The wifi didn't work in our room, but we used it in the breakfast area.

Room Tip: If you want access to wifi in your room, make sure to ask for it in advance, as it don't work in...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2008

MY TRAVEL STYLE: If possible, I try to stay away from business and strongly prefer resorts that resemble the Four Seasons, Aman, and Oberoi but try to find similar properties at lower cost. I seek out the “wow” experiences and I encourage you to view hotels I have stayed at and their respective reviews (by clicking on my name).

LOCATION: Excellent. High up the mountain and in the middle of the forest making for an excellent view.

BEST WAY TO GET THERE: You are going to want your own car if you stay here. We drove taking our time from Kenting which took about 5 hours (with several stops along the way).

TYPE OF ROOM: VIP suite with living room

BED/SHEETS/PILLOW: Bed is very soft and comfortable with very soft linens and excellent down pillows.

LIGHTING: Tons of light in the room, living area, and good lighting in the bathroom.

BATHROOM/SHOWER: Shower pressure is weak and water was slightly hotter than warm. Perhaps this is because I took a bath in the natural spring (in our room) before I used the shower. Hot spring bath is more basic than luxurious but still a really nice addition to the room.

TOILETRIES: Nothing special, probably best to bring your own.

CLEANLINESS: There were a few bugs in the hot springs bathtub. Handle on sink is corroded. Glass tea kettle is a bit stained with tea and the cups were not looking entirely clean. However the rest of the room is exceptionally clean and charming.

A/C: Made our room cool, just took a while and there was a loud clicking sound from the a/c unit that disturbed my sleep a little bit (and it didn’t last too long)

CLOSET SPACE: I don’t recall there being a closet in this room, but not sure.

STYLE OF ROOM: The room looks like a cabin with cedar walls and ceiling. Hardwood floors. Semi-luxurious cabin style. View from our corner upstairs room is excellent.

QUIET/MORNING LIGHT: Room is very quiet but the curtains do not block the early sun light.

FOOD: Breakfast is included but we slept in and missed it.

TV/INTERNET: Only a few TV channels with none in English. Wireless internet is available only in some of the rooms (we switched rooms to get access to wifi). Internet is very fast. 8 Channels on TV with none in English. First room TV was looking a bit old and second was newer (both on the small side) but nothing special

SERVICE: Staff is very pleasant and speaks limited English.

SUMMARY: I absolutely recommend this hotel if you have a car. I would try to plan the trip down the east coast to stay here since it a very memorable spot and the hot springs in the room was excellent. The hotel is nestled within the woods and is definitely one of my favorite places I have stayed in Taiwan so far.

• Liked — Hot spring bath in room and charming decor
  • Disliked — Bathroom and shower could be nicer
  • Stayed May 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to New Life Spring Resort? Share your experiences!