“Good swimming pool and close to town” 5 of 5 stars

15% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 50 Hotels in Hsinchu
4.5 of 5 stars 173 Reviews
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Good swimming pool and close to town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Good hotel, friendly staff, clean, good a/c, good wifi, good breakfast and a very good swimming pool, all this made for an easier business trip. The location close to Hsinchu town centre also provides a good choice of shops, restaurants and close to the railway station (not Hsinchu HSR which is in Zhubei, outside the town)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
EscotYu, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Hsinchu, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for staying at The Ambassador Hsinchu Hotel and sharing your experience with us! It is very heartwarming to know that you had enjoyable stay with us, and we deeply appreciate your kind words which will certainly motivate our staff to keep up the good work and service.

Sincerely appreciate for your encouragements and for choosing The Ambassador Hsinchu Hotel during your trip. We all look forward to your stay with us on the next visit to Hsinchu.

Escot Yu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Shenzhen, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Great hotel in all respects except the broadband internet speed. With Hsinchu the "high-tech Silicon Valley" city of Taiwan, was surprised at their very slow internet speed. If you don't want the huge buffet dinner, you can order à la carte on a mezzanine area directly above the main restaurant with very good food at realistic prices.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for staying at The Ambassador Hsinchu Hotel and sharing your valuable comments with us. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our food and verity choices of restaurants very well. Your kind words and feedback are truly encouraging to the whole team to continue striving for excellence.

Regarding to the speed of internet you mentioned, I would like to apologize for all inconvenience to you. We do provide cable line for higher speed internet as well. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you need we set it up for you. Besides, I will definitely pass your comment to IT department for checking the reason made the internet became slow and with aims to better your staying experience in the future.

Sincerely appreciate for your valuable comments and for choosing The Ambassador Hsinchu Hotel during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Good Breakfast, Prompt housekeeping, convenient location. Staff goes out of their way to help out. Stayed here for a week for business. No complaints.
I've heard from colleagues that the Sheraton is also nice, but their breakfast is not as nice as the Ambassador's. Hopefully will get a chance to compare these two in the near future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
EscotYu, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Hsinchu, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for staying at The Ambassador Hotel Hsinchu and sharing your experience with us!

We are delight to know that you had enjoyable stay with us, and we deeply appreciate your kind words to our service and food, which will certainly motivate our staff to keep up the good work and service.

Sincerely appreciate for your encouragements and for choosing The Ambassador Hotel Hsinchu during your trip. We all look forward to your next stay. Hope we could always be your home away from home in Hisnchu!

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Nice Place. Room included the mini-bar. Nice touch.
Clean, Modern. 110 outlets everywhere. Im a Marriott guy. No Marriotts in Taiwan. Stayed here. Was pleasantly surprised. Located above nice shopping area. No trouble getting cab. Friendly service.

Room Tip: Room included the mini-bar. Nice touch. Clean, Modern. 110 outlets everywhere.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
EscotYu, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Hsinchu, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Ambassador Guest,

Many thanks for your valuable comments, and for choosing Ambassador Hotel Hsinchu as your home.

It is very heartwarming to know that you have had an enjoyable stay with us and we appreciate your kind words which will certainly motivate our staff to keep up better good work. We also delighted to learn that you are happy with our service, and also glad to hear that the convenient location of the hotel has provided ease and convenience during your travel..

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ambassador Hsinchu in the near future.

Hsinchu, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

It was a great experience staying at the Ambassador. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was awesome and the dining area was wonderful. The service staff was very friendly. The Gym and the swimming pool was well maintained and clean

Dear Ambassador guest,

Thank you so much for staying at The Ambassador Hsinchu and sharing your experience with us. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our room, food, service, and facilities very well. We deeply appreciate your kind words which will certainly motivate our staff to keep up better work and service.

Sincerely appreciate for your great encouragements and for choosing Ambassador Hsinchu during your trip. We all look forward to seeing you in the future. Hope we are always be your home away from home in Hisnchu!

Incheon, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Ambassador guest,

Thank you so much for staying at The Ambassador Hsinchu and sharing your experience with us! We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at hotel. It is delightful to receive such compliments from you, and I will certainly share your compliments with the team.

Sincerely appreciate for your encouragements and for choosing Ambassador Hsinchu during your trip. We all look forward to your stay with us on the next visit to Hsinchu.

Hsinchu, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I first was in the Ambassador for a holiday meal and was impressed with the interior and ever since then, wanted to stay there. I like the atmosphere. The dining room is open, with no ceiling, and looks up to the elevator and all the floors. There are plants draped over the ledges on each floor. I liked looking down on to the dining room from the floors above. The hotel is very clean, with elegant decor. It was a treat for me to stay there because I usually go for whatever is cheapest. I decided to live it up and splurge, treating myself to a very nice hotel which is quite a change.
I did enjoy it, but for the price, I thought the room was pretty basic, nothing fancy. The bed and pillows were comfortable. I slept well. I was on the 17th floor and could look out and see the city. The room was very clean, as was the whole hotel. I appreciated the small box of 2 chocolates left on the table, and there was also some fruit.
There is a bar, a steakhouse, a Chinese restaurant, and the buffet restaurant. It's nice to have some selections for food inside the hotel, although they are not cheap of course. I ordered something to go from the Chinese restaurant and it took a very long time, especially considering I was the only one there.
I walked around in the surrounding area for quite a while looking for other places to eat and there weren't any to find. It isn't a good area to find outside restaurants, if you are looking for different kind of food, or something a little cheaper. There aren't bars or shops close by. There is a California Pizza Kitchen next door. I did end up finding the food court inside the mall which is part of the same building. You can go shopping right inside/next to the hotel, and the food court is on the bottom floor which gives you some other options for food.
I think for the price, that breakfast should be included. Other comparable hotels include breakfast, and that did make me tempted to book a different hotel, but I had had this one on my mind to try. because options for breakfast were very limited in this area, I did go ahead and pay for the breakfast buffet. I got there about 15 minutes before the buffet was over, and much of the food was gone. There were many things I couldn't try because there was nothing left. I did have a good, custom made omelette. I thought if the buffet ends at 10, that means they will let no other people in, but they were actually taking the food away right at 10. I would think they would leave the food out for all the people that were still sitting in the dining room eating. I didn't get a chance to go back for more food because it was already being taken away. There is a mix of traditional and western style food. There are many dishes westerners probably wouldn't be interested in.
The staff was welcoming and professional. The staff in the lobby were helpful. The place where you check in and out is actually on the 12th floor, not in the main lobby.
It was fun to stay at a nice hotel, but, especially being in Asia, and in Hsinchu which is not a high tourist destination with much of interest or beauty here, I think it is overpriced. The facilities were immaculate though.
In the bar there is live music - a singer and a pianist. It's a nice atmosphere and the girls at the bar were friendly.
After returning home, I got an email saying that I still owed money for things I consumed in the room. Just a warning - the water, beverages and chips left in the room are not free!!! I have never stayed in a hotel where items they left in the room were not free! I ate the chocolates and the apple they set out, and wasn't charged for them. how would I have known that the mini container of Pringles, or the Coke, or the Evian water were not free?? The fridge had a beer, Sprite, Coke, Coke Lite, and 3 water bottles in it. I thought those were provided for the guest. I emailed them back and gave them my opinion, that they need to make it clear that these are not free, and they shouldn't leave them in the room like that looking as if they are complimentary. In the end, they didn't charge me, but this turned me off. I felt I already paid enough money!! This hotel is not far at all from the train station. There is a free shuttle, that the bellman told me about, but he also let me know it wasn't that far to walk to the station, and that was true. It just took about 10 minutes. This is the "regular" train station though, not the high speed rail.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
EscotYu, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Hsinchu, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Ambassador guest,

Thank you for your valuable comments. I am grateful for your comprehensive feedback and bringing these matters to our attention.

It’s heartwarming to have compliments you paid to our rooms and service. However, we regret for all inconvenience you experienced in Ambassador Hotel Hsinchu. Please rest assured that the management do take serious view of the issues you have raised and corrective measures will be taken to improve on the shortfall areas. Especially for the mini bar, we will definitely make it as clear as possible to all guests without misunderstanding. Meanwhile, for our best improvement on the specific area you identified, please contact us at duty@ambassador-hsinchu.com.tw for further details.

In closing, may I thank you, once again; for taking the time to review us as it certainly helps us to better understand our guest's needs and expectations. We hope you will give us another opportunity and have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ambassador Hsinchu.

Best Regards,

Escot Yu

Been to Ambassador Hotel Hsinchu? Share your experiences!