“Quaint, glad I went” 3 of 5 stars

Tualatin, Oregon
5 attraction reviews
“Quaint, glad I went”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Hsinchu is not really a vacation travel destination. I went on a business trip, accompanying my husband. The glass museum and zoo are right next to each other, so I made a morning of it.

Entrance was very inexpensive, under $1 US. Volunteers greeted me at the door and were eager to try out their English. While appreciative, since I have no Mandarin, it was a smile and nod moment.

You might spend 30 to 60 minutes wandering through the exhibits, much less with kids - not a hands-on type of museum. There was a room with a featured artist's work, a glass jail, a room about the history of the building (which looks like something to skip, but was one of the most interesting parts to me), an area about the history of glass products, one about how glass art is created, and on that seemed to relate to Taiwan's glass industry.

As I said, I'm glad I did the glass museum/zoo trip to add a little culture to what was otherwise mostly shopping and people watching. The museum is certainly a low-budget affair. Some parts were off the mark (I'm thinking the neon and the zodiac displays), but that was part of the charm for me and I enjoyed my visit.

Visited August 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
9 attraction reviews
“You'll buy some for souvenir ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Nice spot for art lovers ... various designs made from glass ... creative and colorful.

Visited December 2011