“HOW did they get Taco Bell in Taiwan??” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #49 of 597 Restaurants in Hsinchu
Cuisines: Mexican
Doha, Qatar
“HOW did they get Taco Bell in Taiwan??”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

I couldn't believe it but it really tastes JUST LIKE Taco Bell!! It's astonishing. The owners are friendly and kind. Great prices. Really though I was a little freaked out but the beef crunchy taco tastes like it was vacuum sealed and delivered from Taco Bell in the US. Good reminder of home when you need it.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Carlsbad, CA
“OK, if you're really, really, reeealy craving Mexican”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

First, I love the food in Taiwan. I've learned over the years that eating nonnative food there isn't usually a good idea, even if you're tired of the native food.

Second, I grew up in Los Angeles and live outside of San Diego. I know what tacos and burritos are. They don't come from Taco Bell.

Taco House is a clean little place. I think it might have four stools at a counter that looks out the front window. Very limited menu includes tacos, burritos, mashed potatoes (?!) and a couple of other items. Tacos are served on taco shells.

I ordered a chicken and rice burrito. The young woman behind the counter, who spoke surprisingly good English, asked if I wanted regular or spicy. I went for spicy.

Order was turned around quickly. Burrito was formed in a very respectable flour tortilla. I heard later that there is a tortillaria in Kaohsiung that makes tortillas for Costco. I suspect that may be where these come from. Filling has a nice balance of chicken and rice, but was extremely tame for the spicy rating.

I went back to the counter and asked for salsa. They didn’t know what that was.

How ‘bout hot sauce? No. Siracha? No. They finally gave a little cup of pickled jalapenos that heated up my dinner up a little.

So Taco House is a good attempt to simulate what Taco Bell does. Taco House is cleaner and I would say has a nicer staff than any Taco Bell I’ve visited. Bottom line: If you are hungry enough for Mexican to from some place like Taco Bell, then Taco House will satisfy you.

I give an average rating based on the style of food. They get extra credit for venturing into Mexican in Hsinchu.

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
“Great food, Amazing service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

This place is delightful. It is a wonderful place to stop for quick takeout on the way home, and they remember you. We used to go there often when they were still in the truck, and I am glad to see that the storefront is having great success.