“Beautiful setting in the Ezulwini valley” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Swazi Spa

You added Royal Swazi Spa to your Saves list
Royal Swazi Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Old Main Road | Ezulwini Valley, Ezulwini H 106, Swaziland   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Ezulwini
South east UK
“Beautiful setting in the Ezulwini valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Out of our 2 week tour of South Africa, and the dozen or so hotels we stayed in, this was our favourite of them all. This really is a beautiful location and the scenery in Swaziland fantastic. The hotel itself would have been 5 star in its prime and still a good 4 star I would say even if a little dated. Our room was in need of a little TLC but a very good size and view over the pool and the valley beyond. The food was of a high standard both breakfast and evening meal. Would reccommend the evening buffet in the terrace restaurant if you are up for a blowout meal, otherwise the a la carte restaurant was small but very nice and reasonable value.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Edenvale, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stopped over for the night at Royal Swazi on our way back from Mozambique. What a beautiful place. Our rooms were lovely and had a fantastic view over the golf course and mountains. We had the buffet supper- an unbeleivable variety and quantity of food and completely delicious. The service in the restaurant was great. When we left on Sunday morning we inadvertently left my vanity case and jacket on the driveway when we were loading the car. I only realised they were missing when we got back to Johannesburg. I phoned the hotel on Monday morning and they confirmed that security had my goods. The hotel told me they had 2 managers travelling to Johannesburg on Tuesday and they could bring my luggage with them. They kept me informed as to when they would be arriving and we made arrangements to meet at an offramp to the freeway. Two very pleasant gentlemen then returned my goods- I think this is incredible service as they went out of their way to help me. Thumbs up to the management and staff

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Have just spent a week at the Royal Swaxi Spa Hotel in Swaziland, it was a really good expierience ,from the Hotel staff to the resturants, we recieved very good service, I can truly say they went the extra mile for us, the staff is always so friendly and helpfull, the facilities at the hotel very good, the rooms very comfortble and clean, can recomend this hotel to everyone..

Room Tip: If you want a little quiet time, a room facing the Golf course is a good option..
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights. The rooms were clean with high quality bedding and mold free bathrooms; however, the hotel is old (bathroom needs renovating), but it has been well maintained. The grounds are beautiful and my room had a balcony which offered an awesome view of the mountains. I was there for business, so I can’t comment on the golf course or spa. The food offered at the a la carte restaurant was delicious. The buffet restaurant offered a good selection of foods. My main issue is that the locks on the guest room door didn’t seem secure and were in need of replacement.

Room Tip: If you desire a non-smoking room, make sure you specify that in your booking.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Panama City, Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My tour group were just here for the night, a beautiful resort area with a golfcourse nearby. Our rooms were in the Royal Swazi Sun...The Royal Swazi Sun is the flagship of the Ezulwini Valley trio and has 149 rooms. Rooms are large, clean and quiet. Some had lovely large balconies which looked down on to the pool area. Beautiful lit up at night and festive too with people sitting around enjoying drinks at the bar around the pool. Dinner was an unbelievable buffet. There was nothing lacking and the service was super. In the morning a delicious buffet breakfast was offered before we left.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Quezon City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed here two nights during a business trip. It felt like a typical casino hotel, very busy with lots of guests. Staff was accommodating. Lots of choices for the buffet breakfast and dinners. The ala carte restaurant served good food. However, I had some trouble getting my door to lock properly and my tub definitely showed some signs of wear. I think my room needed some refurbishing. But overall, my stay was okay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Carlisle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The room overlooked the gardens which were immaculately kept. The location was very good. The pool was very cold (it was winter!) but is was fantastic sitting in the hot tub/plunge pool. We had a very nice "buffet" dinner with plenty of choice.Overall a great one night stay.

Room Tip: Get a garden room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Lance R, Area General Manager at Royal Swazi Spa, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear SamanthaK27

Thank you very much for your very positive review of our Royal Swazi Spa, following your short stay there.
Your comments will prove to be very motivating for all concerned.
We hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Yours' faithfully

LANCE ROSSOUW
Area General Manager

Been to Royal Swazi Spa? Share your experiences!