My husband and I stayed at the Jetwing Blue for 3 nights to break up a longer journey. We opted for this hotel based on it's close proximity to Colombo airport (only 20mins drive, with transfers arranged by the hotel.) We enjoyed a pleasant and comfortable stay.
We arrived at the hotel very early in the morning, well before check in was due to open, but a room was made available to us within the our, which made weary travellers very happy indeed! We found the check in staff to be welcoming and helpful and the check in procedure was smooth and efficient.
The rooms are probably the best feature of the hotel - huge! Easily the largest standard size room we have ever stayed in. The decor is light and airy and we had a nice view of a garden area and beach. The furnishings were clean and comfortable.
We used the pool and beach area and found it to be clean and pleasant. Other reviewers have commented on the beach pedlars - who are numerous but not invasive and the birds - likewise, but these were not too much of a problem for us and we were able to relax.
We ate all meals in the hotel restaurants. The breakfast buffet is very generous and with a great variety of food on offer.
We found the best service in Centrepoint - the staff in the Open Kitchen and The Float are friendly but the service is slow. We also found the ambience a little strange in The Float - a soundtrack of heavy metal in tiny and quiet bar was enough to encourage us to find a drink elsewhere!
One of the days we were there was a washout as it rained heavily all day. We felt that there wasn't much to do in the hotel, and didn't notice any schedule of activities for the duration of our stay. The hotel offers several daytrips and sight seeing tours, but no in house entertainment as far as we could see. This is something which could have perhaps enhanced our stay, we felt the atmosphere was a bit dead.
Overall though, the large rooms and friendly, courteous staff ensured we had a comfortable, enjoyable stay in Negombo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lose yourself amidst golden beaches, azure ocean waters and fiery sunsets at Jetwing Blue, nestled along the shores of the coastal resort town of Negombo. Indulge in luxurious spa treatments, enjoy a magical wedding on the beach or spend a lazy holiday by the sea as Jetwing Blue offers it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Jetwing Blue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jetwing Blue Hotel Negombo
- Jetwing Blue Oceanic Negombo
- Blue Oceanic
- Jetwing Blue Oceanic Hotel Negombo