We've had a great stay at the Jetwing Blue in Negombo. All of the crew was very friendly and helpful. The quality of the room was high - especially the bed was a joy to sleep in after staying in guesthouses for the large part of our holiday. The food was delicious, with the sumptuous breakfast buffet being the high point.
To make the stay of future guests a truly five star experience, I'd like to offer a few tips if I may.
- Communication can be better, both internal and with the guests. We were staying in the annex where the wifi isn't working yet. We only found that out after three phone calls and a walk to the reception desk. It would have saved us a bit of annoyance if this was communicated to us the first time we inquired about it.
- The hot water wasn't working yet when we moved into the room. It got turned on immediately after we made a call about it, but it would have been better if it had been working when we moved in. Make sure the rooms are truly ready when the guests move in.
- This may sound a bit blasé and very first world problem-ish, but please do something about the salespeople near the swimming pool. Every five minutes someone wants to sell me a rug, watch, elephant statue, day trip, etc. I appreciate that these people want to hawk their wares to earn a living, but right now it is a continuous onslaught. Maybe it is an idea to restrict their access to the hotel premises during certain hours, so only between 12 and 2 in the afternoon for example.
I hope this constructive criticism helps you a bit with making the Jetwing Blue even better than it already is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lose yourself amidst golden beaches, azure ocean waters and fiery sunsets at Jetwing Blue, nestled along the shores of the coastal resort town of Negombo. Indulge in luxurious spa treatments, enjoy a magical wedding on the beach or spend a lazy holiday by the sea as Jetwing Blue offers it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Jetwing Blue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jetwing Blue Hotel Negombo
- Jetwing Blue Oceanic Negombo
- Blue Oceanic
- Jetwing Blue Oceanic Hotel Negombo