We are from Colombo we booked into Jetwing Lagoon for a full board (any three meals) and one night stay at Rs. 23000 odd we thought to continue for one more night there if the hotel was good. We made booking for the Deluxe room -pond facing, upon reaching there was no pond it just seemed like a water stagnated area, so we choose to stay in the lagoon view and opted for family room at a cost of Rs. 28000 that was Rs. 5000 more. The other discomforts were:
1. There were lizards running and jumping over our cloths and it was so irritating, apparently they do not dust and clean the blinds I suppose.
2. We did not have a table to sit at dinner time, and the restaurant manager was very rude and said to wait until the table were available they had only half the seating capacity of the hotel occupancy. We were standing for more than 15mins with filled plates and finally they offered a seat about 5 mins walk away from the buffet counter, which was lonely place with no music or occupancy.
3. The Dinner was terrible there was not enough spread and the meat on barbeque was not cooked properly, the so called pasta was terrible and Parmesan cheese had a sour taste.
4. The life food counters had long queue and it took a log time to get ur meal prepared to order.
5. They had switched off the ac in the night and we had to sleep with the fan on.
6. The fight landing and take offs were very frequent in the early morning and we had a sleepless night due to heavy noise, they had not informed this earlier and also they had no sound proof system.
7. We were constantly disturbed by the room service with orders that we had not placed.
8. Lunch was cold when I told then this they said they the burners under the chaffing dished may have gone off due to the wind.
9. We requested for skimmed milk for coffee and it arrived after we finished our plain coffee.
on the whole it was a bad experience we decided NOT to continue for the next day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located between the Indian Ocean and the Negombo lagoon, Jetwing Lagoon offers a blendof rejuvenation and relaxation with a unique restaurant called Geoffrey’s by the Lagoon,offering Geoffrey Bawa’s favourites.Boasting the longest pool in the west coast complimented by a spa and sporting activities inthe lagoon, this is the ideal location to rest, relax, and energize in the privacy of yourspacious individual villas. It is without doubt the finest spa resort by the Negombo Lagoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Jetwing Lagoon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.