“Don't go!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Armenian
Negombo
“Don't go!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

It was Christmas Day & I was being treated after a long year's work. There was a buffet being served and most of the customers were enjoying food which had been out and kept hot for hours, not for me thanks. I guess the chef was not too busy having already prepared the buffet.

I ordered pasta as did my partner, after 30 mins I reminded the waiter, he said 5 mins - after another 20 mins it arrived - RAW, I know the difference between al dente and raw covered in sauce. My partners food was full of fat rather than bacon, neither dish was ediable so it was returned, a special day spoiled.

We paid for drinks and left very dissapointed, as a local I will not recommend this resturant to guests in future, nor will I visit again unless there is a different chef! Every one has off days but that's inexcusable.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Sinhalese holiday so no alcohol served.....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Went to have a meal and watch the sunset. Very nice ambiance and surroundings, however left when they refused to serve alcohol due to Sinhalese New Year...except to resident guests only. We went next door....no problems. (12-15th April)

Visited April 2013
Bath, United Kingdom
“A bit of a disappointment in some areas.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We are staying at the jetwing beach for a fortnight and are for the most satisfied. A couple of things that we feels could be better, for instance we were asked if we would like to book a special meal for valentines, this was held in the black coral restrant which is the fine dining section, we had just arrived back from a 2 day tour and were looking forward to the meal that was well over double the cost of their menu for normal dinning ,which is normaly very good value and extremely tasty. The meal began with a well presented entree but did not live up to our expectations in taste and at first seemed that we had the wrong thing entirely lukely we managed to keep hold of the menu and worked out what it was we were eating. The meal continued with various courses that I could only discribe to the chef when he asked as ok. Sri lankan food is beautiful and I think it a shame that they do not highlight this in there fine dining instead of trying to
Emulate the western styl food it just didn't work. The hotel in general is good staff are friendly and always trying to please could be for the gratuity but that is possibly the synic in weary traveler coming out. I think the jetwing group is trying to be a great hotel and it has all the neccessary resources. We also stayed for a night at the cinnammon cittadel in kandy and although it was for just one night I have to say they got it just right from the decor ,services,food and the small items left avalible in each room, I think the executives could do their customers a service by visiting hotels like this and taking note for their next refurb.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Byron Bay
“Small serves... poor quality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

Jetwing Restaurant review

The ambience is nice, the staff well trained, friendly and professional, and the menu looked promising. A good range of international cuisine and prices seemed very reasonable for a five star hotel, but the food, when it arrived was a huge disappointment.
We ordered a thai soup, something like a tom yum, the only dish which was actually quite nice, if a bit too spicey for my taste. The vegetable tampura was totally tasteless, the guacamole was mostly onion with hardly any avocado and the prawn ceasaer salad was a joke, with three small prawns and some browning lettuce covered in mayo.
We also ordered a grilled chicken dish with vegetables and fries. The fries were four in number and the chicken was tough (as is the norm in sri lanka).
By the end of the meal it was no longer looking like value, and certainly didn´t satisfy the culinary taste buds.

• Visited August 2011