Came here on a whirl wind tour through Asia with my friend. I have been to about 4 Amans at this point. Out of all the hotels we stayed in on this trip, if I had to choose one place to return to, it would be the Amangalla in Galle SriLanka.
Here's what I liked about my stay:
- The staff, they are incredibly helpful, friendly, professional, and hospitable. The level of attentiveness and communication was ideal. Not too much, yet they were always accessible as you needed.
- The food, was superb and the setting is casual refined. For breakfast, you must try the "hoppers" and for dinner go for the local menu where they give you an amazing array of food in white bowls, there are about 10-12 different smaller portioned courses that they deliver all at once. Fantastic flavors and utterly delicious!
- Visit the library. It's comfortable, peaceful, and perfect for connecting to the internet and getting some work done. The BEST part of the library is the lower connecting room where there are photos and memorabilia of "Nester", a lady who was the owner of this hotel before it became an Aman. There is fantastic story of the property and the previous owner if you are lucky enough to get the scoop.
- The hydrotherapy spa is lovely. There is a sauna, steam room, shower, a hot mini pool and a cold pool to take dips in. They will close off the area completely for your privacy which was a nice added surprise. The feeling you get is like you are the honored guests of a magnificent and historical vacation home and you may make yourself completely at home.
- Ruby, the hotel hot dog, is seen working among the staff or lounging about waiting for her mistress, the hotel manager. She is a friendly face that adds to the ambiance.
- Hotel is located in an old forte which is so cool. It's like walking straight into another time period.
Overall, I was mesmerized with the character and the magic of Amangalle. This Aman wins in terms of the having the most Magic!
P.S. - if you are thinking of having a wedding somewhere in this part of the world, you should seriously consider having your wedding here. This would be an Amazing place to have your reception and here it's something like $20k US dollars for the whole party reception. Which is quite attainable. If you do, please send me an invite. This would be a dream wedding location that everyone will remember.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Amangalla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amangalla Hotel Galle