“Super friendly owner a and super clean rooms ” 5 of 5 stars

You added Millennium Resort & Gems to your Saves list
Millennium Resort & Gems
No: 70 A, Church Street, Galle, Sri Lanka   |
Ranked #27 of 43 Hotels in Galle
“Super friendly owner a and super clean rooms ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

The owners of this guesthouse is a local couple, they are very friendly and helpful. I booked the normal room through agoda but when I arrived, all the normal rooms were occupied and the owner allowed me to stay in the rooftop room without charging me extra $. Although I only stayed there for one night, I felt everything was great there. The aircon was working very very well and I even woke up feeling cold in the midnight lol.. The floors are super clean, I guess they mop the floor throughout the house everyday

Stayed August 2014

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

The Millenium is in the best location within the fort. The place is spotlessly clean. The beds are very comfortable and the shower is strong with good hot water. The rooms are extremely clean and the owner of the hotel and gem store is very friendly and helpful with whatever you might need. I would not stay anywhere else in Galle. I loved this place. Within the fort, everything, including restaurants, shopping etc., is within a block or two of the hotel.

Room Tip: The rooftop room had a nice patio area with a great view overlooking the town within the fortress.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Room was clean and tidy. Horrible view from the room of walls. Worst thing is, there was no curtain or even a privacy screen. I had to wedge towels over the balcony door. I could see people downstairs from my door, so they could definitely have seem me. Not convinced that having the plug socket right underneath the shower is a good idea! No where to really hang anything. It's okay for one night before moving on. Fantastic service, they helped me to see a local doctor within minutes to get some anti-biotics for a sinus infection. Owner also drove us to a local restaurant for breakfast for free! Great location for walking around Galle.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Wonderful owner, very obliging (even to let us in at midnight on arrival, we were greeted with smiles). We had the top room for 3 nights and found it to be extremely clean yet basic but all you really need. Lovely clean home. Would definitely recommend as best place to stay on a budget. Thank you Millennium Resort and Gems!

Room Tip: Top room had good views and was extremely private. It was airy and had good light also. Be warned...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the rooftop room here for 3 nights and had a lovely stay. For a basic room, it was spotless, filled with light, and had lovely views of the church and ocean. The family was courteous, helpful, and gave us our privacy.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I stayed here for 2 days after I got to Sri Lanka for some business duties. This is a quite small family run guest house and if you are looking for a cheap, but a good place with quite average comforts, this one is nice. I was warmly welcomed when I got there as my taxi driver told me.
I was luck to get that AC room with free Wifi! :)
There's a gem & jewellery's shop as well.I could talk with the owner several times and he helped me to choose a nice ring for my gf.
Very good service and calm environment is very attractive, specially if you are stucked with a business travel.

Room Tip: Try the AC room in the top.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Gliwice, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were supposed to stay in a different hotel (Unfortunately dont remember the name) however after I found a cockroach there we have run away immediately..we found Millennium hotel by accident and this place made me believe there are cheap but clean hotels for a reasonable price. The rooms are simple but spotless clean. I would say it was clean as in ***** hotel or even cleaner. We have enjoyed our stay there and definitely we recommend this place for everyone. The family who owns the place is very nice and helpful, they also have gems shop but they do not insist on buying from them which is unlikely in Sri Lanka. However, I must say they should insist as the jewellery they sell is amazing. So to sum up..if you are in galle stay there and you wont be dissapointed:)

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Millennium Resort & Gems? Share your experiences!