“Excellent breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Tokyo, Japan
“Excellent breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

When I went to the restaurant for having my breakfast, the owner of this place has already set up my table for me where I can see the Indian ocean over the rampart.
I stayed at Seagreen guesthouse next door of the restaurant, and I already told the both of the owners of the guesthouse and the restaurant (they are brother)to have a hopper for my breakfast.
The food is so tasty and has more than enough volume to start my day in Galle. I enjoyed the food and its atmosphere very much.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Very nice people and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

The food here is fresh and very tasty. The restaurant is runned by a very nice family which is relatet to the seagreen guesthouse next door. We felt welcome as we stept in and were very satisfied with the service. Try the prawns. You will love it an the salad wich comes along with it even more.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lahntal, Germany
“BEST SEAFOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have travelled to Sri Lanka / Galle quite often in the past. Everytime I was at Galle I had dinner at Seagreen Restaurant more than once.
I like Seagreen Restaurant for many reasons: Best seafood at town (ask for it!), best snacks (fried chicken, calamari, boiled vegetables), very friendly service, fresh ingredients, great location.
Galle Fort became really expensive during the last couple of years but at Seagreen you still get quality for a reasonable price.
The location is perfect. The atmosphere is relaxed because it´s just located next to the ramparts with ocean view. Stunning sunsets!!!
Thanks to Channa and Rohini, hope to see you again soon.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lahntal
“High quality food at a reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We had breakfast at the Seagreen Restaurant every morning during our stay at Galle (Seagreen Guesthouse), alternately eastern or western which both are very good. I especially loved the fresh fruit juice which comes along with every breakfast.
We had lunch there a couple of times as well and really enjoyed Rohini´s authentic and traditional Sri Lankan curries.
The menue at Seagreen Restaurant is quite deversified but try to ask for a special seafood platter or for a full fish from the catch of the day. We had both and I can say that this was the best dinner which we had during our holidays. Channa and Rohini - the owners - are always willing to fulfill our desires.
Since all the meals are prepared freshly you may have to wait a little for your food.But this doesn´t really matter because spending a little while at the balcony is very relaxing: Watching the sea and the ramparts, enjoying the fresh sea breeze. Highly recommended.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Marburg, Germany
“Great food - make sure you visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

If you want a good meal at a reasonable price at a great location with a good host... go to Seagreen Restaurant!
We had breakfast there several times when we stayed at Seageen Guesthouse next door and have never been disapointed: Toast, butter, jam, egg, fruits, fresh fruit juice, tea, coffee... excellent! I also tried the Sri Lankan breakfast which was fantastic!
The evenings we were there it was fairly busy and we liked the rather laid-back atmosphere a lot! The food is fresh and tasty – excellent value and quality, great seafood dishes and probably the best curries I have tried in Sri Lanka. Try the banana pancake – yummy!!!
Galle Fort is rather pricey but at Seagreen Restaurant you will find a good variety of food at a very reasonable price - it´s probably the best priced restaurant at Galle Fort.
Channa and Rohini are extremly friendly – their service is friendly, polite and welcoming.
It is a samll and basic restaurant – inconspicious from outside but lovely within! We enjoyed the light breeze and the view overlooking the ramarts and the ocean while using the free wifi.
I would recommend to others!

• Visited July 2012