Kimbulagala Watte villa Koggala

Reviews from our community

Fredddiew...
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014 for a stay in July 2013

After a long journey which involved a connecting flight at Mumbai airport (I would recommend going direct if you can) we arrived at what has to be one of the most beautiful houses I have ever seen. To think we would be there for 10 days was a dream. We were immediately drawn to walk through the beautiful open plan living/dinning room onto the terrace which overlooked the swimming pool and the incredible view of the lake. We sat down to our first meal which was delicious and tried to take in the surroundings. The rooms are very spacious and the beds were all very comfortable. The food that was cooked for us was incredible and we always welcomed the suggestions of the chef (as long as it wasn't too hot !) There are limitless things to do near the house and the Tuc Tuc's are a great way to see everything. This was without doubt my best holiday and I would highly recommend staying in this house to anyone.

5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: The views and swimming in the pool as the sunset
Liked least: going home
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Families with young children
anneinldn
London, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous! A picture perfect holiday - cannot wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014 for a stay in August 2013

What an amazing two weeks! My friends and I arrived at the airport in Colombo and were immediately greeted by a driver who brought us directly to the house, where we were greeted with refreshing coconut drinks - such a nice welcome after a 10+ hour flight! After a short nap (we landed at 3am and were at the house just after 6am) we awoke to a fresh breakfast of egg hoppers and fresh fruit (delicious!) and planned our first day...

With so much to do nearby - the various beaches just a short ride away, Koggala Lake on your doorstep, and destinations all along the coast - you are really spolit for choice. Everything is easily arranged, with the generous help of the house staff who are more than happy to sort tuk tuk rides, drivers, etc., and the area offers many activities besides relaxing at the beach. From having a lazy day by the pool to exploring the natural beauty of Dondra Head, Yalla Park, Galle and everything in between, to taking a bike tour or visiting the sea turtle hatchery, you'll wonder where the time went!

Crocodile Rock is a little gem and a great place for a warm-weather getaway. The staff are friendly and accommodating and make you feel very secure and looked after (the homemade Sri Lanka curries are fantastic, as is the local seafood), the location is perfectly convenient yet still tucked away, and there is the exact balance and offering of things to do for a beachy holiday combined with plenty of exploring and 'local experience' as well. I could not recommend to more of my friends and family, and am counting down the days until my next trip to Sri Lanka!

5 of 5 stars How helpful were the directions to the property? 5 of 5 stars How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
5 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property 5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses
5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils 5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities 5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: beaches, Yalla, day trips, culture, food
Liked least: touristy areas, coming home!
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
Jilly B
Bellac, France
“Birds and monkeys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014 for a stay in July 2013

Fantastic location,totally private.with a breeze from the lake never sticky hot.Magic infinity pool.Charming staff.Great for beach/Galle. Diet defeating food. Best for me, however, was the huge variety of birds,three species of monkey and the evening sundowner fly past of fruit bats.
Go if you get the chance, not too many like this one.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Georgie B
“Absolute paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 for a stay in August 2013

I arrived and was immediately offered a refreshing drink of coconut water and our entire stay in this beautiful house continued in the same way, with delicious home-made curries, tuk-tuks organised and exemplary and friendly service on every occasion, including making me the most amazing birthday cake I've ever had. Such a treat!

The house itself is in a stunning,secluded location overlooking a large lake and was perfect for both lounging by the pool and as a base for exploring the area. We had outings to various beaches, Galle itself and cycling trips as well as going to Yalle for a safari on one day. I totally relaxed and recharged here. Utter paradise, I'd thoroughly recommend and definitely would return.

ViciBurr
London, United Kingdom
“FANTASTIC - I want to go back tomorrow!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 for a stay in August 2013

I stayed in Kibulagala Watte last August and had the most AMAZING time!

The weather was fantastic, the house was incredible and the friendly staff were very welcoming!

I was in a group of five people and we all fitted in very comfortably – in fact you could easily have had more guests if you had wanted. The accommodation inside and out was luxurious and beautiful and the swimming pool just asks you to get in. Couple this with the loveliest view of the lake and lush green forest with wildlife peeping out at you – makes this the perfect escape!! I will never forget having the most delicious curries sitting outside in the evening heat relaxing after visiting the local beaches.

I was slightly worried about my trip as I had just been in hospital for my back and was concerned I may not be comfortable being so far from home – but I couldn’t have been more wrong. I was looked after from start to finish and never once had an issue with my back.

I am recommending this to everyone I know and would love to go back!!!!

5 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property 5 of 5 stars Service
Friends getaway Older travelers
Adam S
London, United Kingdom
“Idyllic Villa - The Perfect Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 for a stay in August 2013

Stayed for two weeks with a group of friends.

The villa is immaculate, the staff friendly and welcoming. The food was brilliant, from morning breakfasts of fruit and egg hoppers through to local seafood and authentic Sri-Lankan curries. Transfers from the airport were simple and the staff were only too helpful to organise tuk-tuks for local trips.

A perfect place to either relax and watch the world go by, either in the villa, by the pool or on the terrace or to use as a base to explore the local sights. We had wonderful day trips to Yalla National Park, the Old Town of Galle and days on local beaches.

Would happily recommend to everyone and am already looking forward to another visit some time very soon.

5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: A beuatiful place to relax
Liked least: Very little that could have been improved
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
W12Girl
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Villa in a fantastic location - we have already booked to go back next year!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014 for a stay in August 2013

We had the holiday of a lifetime - the house is beautiful and the staff so friendly. There is lost to see and do in the local area and the local beaches are out of this world. You are guranteed to have a relaxing time at this villa.

Liked best: The location
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Check in
Listed since : Oct 2013
Response Rate: 45 %
Response Time: Within a few hours
Calendar Updated: 30 days ago
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing