“OUR PURCHASE OF A GEM STONE FROM THIS JEWELLER” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 29 Shopping in Galle
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a small family run business, we have been trading since 1982 as Gems and Jewellery merchants.Makers of fine hand crafted Silver & Gold Jewellery, Dealers in Precious (sapphires specially) and Semi- Precious gem stones. Come visit us opposite the Light House in the world heritage site at the Fort in Galle, Southern Sri Lanka and we promise to make your trip worth it.
Elgin, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
“OUR PURCHASE OF A GEM STONE FROM THIS JEWELLER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Straightforward considerate and honest dealing without pressure and plenty of time to think and choose. All in all we made a very satisfactory transaction and would recommend a visit.

Visited January 2013
Lihiniya, Owner at Lihiniya Gems, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words, you are always welcome to visit us again. best regards from Lihiniya Gems :D)

London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful gems, great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We were lucky to find Lihiniya on tripadvisor. We spent a decent amount of time in the store with Lahir and Mahrooza looking at their beautiful sapphires before making a decision; they were both lovely from the moment we arrived, and we never at any point felt pressured into making a purchase. I left with a stunning gem, which now sits as the centrepiece of my engagement ring. Thank you both for such a lovely experience, and for my beautiful sapphire which constantly attracts comments/compliments!

Visited September 2012
Lihiniya, Owner at Lihiniya Gems, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words, you are always welcome to visit us again. best regards from everyone at Lihiniya Gems :D)
Crewe, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
“family wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I visited the jewellery shop along with family and friends. What a pleasant experience it was. The owners were most helpful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble, which seems to be trait of all the SriLankan people I met. They have a vast selection of gems and styles to suit everyone.

I came away with something for myself and a present for my daughterinlaw.

Would recommend anyone visiting Galle to make a visit to this lovely shop.

Visited November 2012
Pune, India
5 attraction reviews
“Sri Lankan hosiptality at its best, couldn't have aksed for more!!! The gem purchases were secondary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Before leaving from India I had done some research and just happened to stumble upon the name of Lihiniya Gems on tripadvisor (and I am so glad I did). I had called the husband-wife couple of Lahir and Mahrooza on their cell phone from India but since the line was not clear they asked me to post my queries on e-mail. However, I did not receive any response from them for four days, prompting me to call them again. They apologised for the delay which was due to a very hectic schedule. However, they answered all important queries over the phone and also invited me over for lunch since I was arriving at Galle in the afternoon!!!!!! This was totally unexpected, though. I was to take the whale watching tour from Mirissa and reach Galle in the afternoon but we reached Lihiniya a bit late (around 3.00 in the afternoon). Mahrooza had prepared wonderful lunch for us and after having that we got straight down to business!!! After seeing a lot of gem-stones we finally bought a garnet pendant, two rings (peridot and one other stone type) and two ear-rings of coral. Lahir agreed to deliver these to us in Colombo at our hotel. We were so happy with our purchase that we returned to Lihiniya the next day and bought a pendant, ear-rings and a ring for out mom. For all of this I think we spent about USD700-odd or less. Lahir delivered these to us after making the pendants, rings and ear-rings from the stones we had selected and that too, well within time. I must say that if anyone wants to buy cheap gems, Lihiniya is the place to be!!! Also, the husband-wife couple epitomise Sri Lankan hospitality!!! Really enjoyed our purchases and Lihiniya and its location inside the iconic Dutch fort lends a beautiful backdrop!!! One thing however is that I felt the finishing and cut of the one peridot ring which we bought at Hemchandra's was slightly better than the ones at Lihiniya but for that I am not willing to pay such a huge difference!!!! :-) Thanks Lahir and Mahrooza for a wonderful sets of gemstones!!!

Visited December 2012
Lihiniya, Owner at Lihiniya Gems, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you and it is so kind of you to give us your valuable feedback. It was nice to see you as well, We hope to welcoming you once again. enjoy your travels and best wishes from everyone at Lihiniya Gems.
Durham, North Carolina
“Great value and super friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This was a great shopping experience. I went in looking for one gift for my sister in law and came out with 4 beautiful pieces as gifts and a
Title something or me. They have a great selection of styles, gems, items in many different price ranges and some really beautiful pieces.
You never feel pressured here, you are welcome to window show and try on things , not at all hassled feeling like in many of the shops in the area.
The owners are a couple that have been in the gem and jewelry business for over 30 years and are a delight to chat with and will probably offer you a cup of tea. Very knowledgable, happy to talk with you about different aspects of the settings and gems, or really any topic of pleasant conversation. Very much enjoyed my time at this shop.

Wonderful jewelry shopping experience!
Highly recommend this place.

Visited November 2012