“mixed” 3 of 5 stars

Galle Fort, Galle, Sri Lanka
Improve this listing
Ranked #62 of 135 Restaurants in Galle
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Oslo, Norway
“mixed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We had two curries, but it was a mixed experience. I did not care for mine, but my wife liked hers. Basic place.

Visited November 2013

• Polish first
UK
“Disappointing food - review by an Indian ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We went last night after reading the reviews. I hadn't eaten for 4 days after catching fever so was looking forward to this meal. Wrong
We were seated fast and a few couples entered after us they all got served first but really in the speed that they serve this wasn't a problem.
I thought if play it safe get a classic indian dish channa masala and butter roti my husband went with the waiters recommendation on the special mutton.
The food arrived quickly as did our juices which were ok.
The channa masala was raw I couldn't break the chick peas at all, the roti was undercooked showing signs of raw dough so I left it as I didn't want to risk a fogey stomach.
My husbands tandoori chicken was very good he said but the mutton was not cooked enough either.
The waiter returned to see we hardly ate anything and offered to replace the dishes but to be honest we thought we are better off else where.
It is indian food but not as I would expect or serve it, disappointed would not recommend

Stuttgart, Germany
“Wonderful Indian Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Indian Hut is a wonderful Indian restaurant with tasty and partly very spicy Indian food. When we visited the restaurant, there was a blackout all over Galle. However the restaurant managed to serve our food without any delay. So we enjoyed our food with some spare lights powered by batteries.

Visited November 2013
Hsipaw, Myanmar
“Good menu but could improve the place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

It was weird when they refused to serve us a "set menu" for they thought it was past 4. I really enjoyed my mutton here but not really the best I had in Sri Lanka. The food was cheap and fast. A good place to dine while watching people-watching. It's kinda sad my friend got sick after eating here though.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Helsinki, Finland
“Diarrhea”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Service was great. But sometimes it happens even in good places. After eating shrimps here I had next day terrible stomach problems and diarrhea. I suffered four days, before getting better. Good diet, because I gained weight in Sri Lanka. Food what I ordered tasted not so great.

• Visited October 2013