Karen is a rock star. From the moment we got in touch to express our interest in staying at Shangri-Lanka Villa, to the moment we left Sri Lanka to return to the UK, Karen and her team expertly catered to our every need.
We were in Sri Lanka for 10 days, so wanted to spend the first half travelling around the country, visiting various sights. Karen arranged a four day itinerary, during which we travelled around almost half of the country (Dambulla, Sigirya, Nuwara Eliya, Yala, Galle), and Karen organised a driver, Hamar, to look after us. Not only did Hamar get us from A to B, but he also taught us a huge amount while we were on the road, stopping to show us extra points of interest on the various journeys, and also arranged all tickets for entering the more regulated attractions so that we got the best price. A truly lovely man.
Once we got to Bentota and settled in at Shangri-Lanka, we were treated to pure luxury. From the morning breakfast (the star of which was homemade pineapple, passion fruit & mango jam) to the very accessible dinner menu, the food was fantastic. The pool was a delight, and the rooms spacious and well-equipped. Karen helped us arrange a couple of day excursions while in the area, but otherwise we were more than happy to sit back, relax and enjoy the wonderful weather (and the odd thunder storm!) and scenery.
Finally, we have to give a shout out to the wonderful dogs, Bobby and Macie, who were adorably cute and made us very jealous of the fact they can enjoy Shangri-Lanka all year round!
Thank you Karen, Rohan, Hamar and the team; for anyone planning a trip to this wonderful country, there is literally no better choice.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-Lanka Villa Boutique Guest House Hotel Bentota
- Shangri-Lanka Villa Boutique Guest House Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique boutique guesthouse situated in the heart of a traditional Sri Lankan village. Surrounded by nature yet only minutes from the magnificent Bentota beach. We offer a holiday experience with a difference. No hotel receptions, standard packages, crowds, time restrictions. Just great hospitality and a genuinely personal service, with all the facilities you need. Experience the culture of authentic Sri Lankan village life where ancient customs and traditions blend with modern amenities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Shangri-Lanka Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.