Stayed at Waterside with my 18 year old daughter and had a wonderful chill out few days before embarking on a tour. Booked hotel direct over the internet and was a little apprehensive as it was our first visit to Sri Lanka and wasn't sure what to expect. The hotel organised a car to pick us up from the airport and take us on to our next destination and nothing was too much trouble during our stay ( waking up the first couple of days due to jet lag/humidity was a problem but they still served us breakfast even though it was nearly lunchtime!). The boys took us into town in the tuk tuk a couple of times (loved it!) but we were quite happy to relax by the pool, read and be looked after by the attentive (but not intrusive) staff.
Our first evening was spent having a drink watching the bats (fascinating even though we both hate bats!) come out of the trees around the lagoon. Dinner was served on the terrrace during a spectacular thunderstorm. Take up the offer of the boat trip - saw water monitors, baby crocodiles and numerous bird life. If you like small boutique hotels, you will love Waterside.
- Also Known As:
- The Waterside Bentota Hotel
- The Waterside Bentota Hotel Bentota
- The Waterside Hotel Bentota
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterside is an elegant well maintained Villa with restaurant,which is situated in a unique riverside location,and has magnificent views over the wide Bentota Ganga. Waterside is popular with guests of all nationalities.We have 6 ensuite (with bathtub and shower) A/C rooms with bar fridge,fan and satellite TV.The large open restaurant serves delicious Sri Lankan and Western dishes as well as mouth watering seafood.During your stay you can relax by our pool which is only a few steps from all the rooms, whilst enjoying the surrounding mature tropical garden and river views.We offer complimentary boat transfer to nearby beach, water sports or town.If you require Ayuvedic massage we can recommend several treatment centres.Excursions and tours to all the magnificent sites in this beautiful island can be arranged.If you wish to explore the local area we provide bicycles or we can organise local scenic tuk tuk rides . Fishing trips ,bird watching and river trips are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your The Waterside Bentota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.