Lovely clean hotel, staff very friendly. Only complaint that the beaches around the hotel with litter. Mensioned in our report so by the time you go, may of been sorted. Two complimentry bottles of water each day, plenty of tea,coffee etc. Extra pool towels if needed. I had a birthday while out there and the cleaner did an arrangement on the bed saying "Happy Birthday "with flower patterns, and another day it said "Have a Nice Day" with a fisherman out of palm leaves. We were on the 6th floor, had a very big double bed, very comfortable with good pillows. ( Best sleep on holiday I have ever had)
Spa is a must and we can recommend the Indian head massage. Tried Yoga and that also is to be reommnded, very reasonable and will try and keep it up now at home.
Went on the two day trip to Kandy etc with Thomas Cook, 5.45 am start, good but long journey and very tiring. When you go to the Elephant Orphanage, you are shown first two baby elephants one leg chained and they are both pulling all the time, which upset me, cruel . Elephants iin a field and bathing in the river was lovely. Next stopped to ride elephant or bath one in a river. Then onto Spice garden, interesting , you get a massage at the end of the talk, which will require a donation and then after ticking which oils, creams you like you may purchase them. Beware approx £15.00 per bottle. One lady in our group spent £100.00 and another £200, so my advice would be work out what it costs before paying. Lunch then Botanical Gardens and then onto the Temple of Buddha's tooth. Next Cutural Kandyan Dancers very good. Hotel stop over arrive approx 7pm Chaaya Citadel Kandy, good hotel with buffet included in price of trip. Next day early start again 7.30am, went to Gem Factory at 8am and nobody really wanted that at that time of day. Tea Plantation next and that was interesting, saw lots of waterfalls, to be honest everybody said could of made our way home after tea plantation as it was a bit of waste of time keep driving round. Do expect to pay to use the toilet when traveling.
A charges made if you want to take pictures at Elephant Orphanage and Temple and also more money if wanting to Video. Good value for money.
You will have a wonderful holiday as did not meet anybody that was not friendly an they need tourist!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sri Lanka is referred to as a ‘small miracle,’ for despite the island’s relatively small size, its natural wonders and beauty are in abundance. Vivanta by Taj – Bentota is located on the south west coast of Sri Lanka. The hotel lies over a lush hill that overlooks the Indian Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Bentota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Bentota Hotel Bentota
- Taj Exotica Hotel Bentota
- Bentota Taj Exotica Hotel
- Taj Exotica Sri Lanka
- Taj Exotica Srilanka
- Taj Exotica Bentota