“Don't Stay If the Swiss Owner is Present!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ayubowan Swiss Lanka Guest Bungalows

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bentota
Ayubowan Swiss Lanka Guest Bungalows
You added Ayubowan Swiss Lanka Guest Bungalows to your Saves list
171 Galle Road, Bentota 80500, Sri Lanka   |
Ranked #8 of 42 Bentota B&B and Inns
Colombo, Sri Lanka
“Don't Stay If the Swiss Owner is Present!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

I have going to this beautiful hotel for the last 3 years and I have ALWAYS had a wonderful time. However, that seems to have been because the owner was out of the country! The Sri Lankan staff have always been lovely and if there has not been another guest checking in then we have been allowed to delay check out. The final time that I stayed there I asked the Sri Lankan manager if this was possible and he said that it was fine, so I delayed checking out at 12 and did some water sports in Bentota.

When I came back at 1 in the afternoon, the owner came like a bat out of hell, demanding to know if I was going to stay another night. When I said that I wasn’t going to he actually started to shout at me and told me to pack my things and leave! I tried my best to explain that I had asked the manager if it was ok to stay, to which he replied, that I shouldn’t ask the Sri Lankan staff a question like that (!) and that I hadn’t been up early enough to ask them!!! Incredulously I tried to question him, but he shouted over me. I can NOT believe that he would treat paying, regular customers like that. When I left, being told I wasn’t able to even eat the food I’d ordered, I didn’t cause a fuss because I realised that if he treated me in this manner then he would treat his staff far worse so therefore did not want to point out that his staff, whom he had just said were Sri Lankan so I shouldn’t ask them, ran the hotel in a far better manner in his absence and were more than capable of making decisions when guests asked. Regretfully I will never go back as I do not want to give this man any more of my money and having recommended it to so many of my colleagues in Colombo, I am now sad to be writing this review.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business

Been to Ayubowan Swiss Lanka Guest Bungalows? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ayubowan Swiss Lanka Guest Bungalows

Address: 171 Galle Road, Bentota 80500, Sri Lanka
Location: Sri Lanka > Southern Province > Bentota
Beach Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #8 of 42 B&Bs / Inns in Bentota
WE HAVE NICE EXOTICS GARDEN, AND BIRD & ANIMALS WATCHING ARIA,VERY RELAXING PLACE AVAILABLE... ... more   less

If you own or manage Ayubowan Swiss Lanka Guest Bungalows, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.