“Will definitely return here!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Suites Hotel

You added The Suites Hotel to your Saves list
The Suites Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   67, Jungmungwangwang-ro 72beon-gil, Seogwipo, Jeju-do 697-130, South Korea   |
Ranked #12 of 45 Hotels in Seogwipo
Singapore
“Will definitely return here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

The location of the hotel is just minutes walk away from the lotte and shilla Jeju. A pretty convenient location to a few tourist attractions. There's this particular receptionist that made my stay really pleasant, forgot to get her name though. I didn't use the facilities in the hotel so the rating of it doesn't apply to me. There's a airport bus that brings you to and fro from the airport to a stop thats just like 2-3 minutes walk away from the hotel. A little above average hotel I would definitely return here if I were to visit Jeju again.

Skip the restaurants at the hotel and try those local ones, a taxi ride away. Or walk if you want too. I had my meal once at shilla the food was great but be mentally prepared for the price. The restaurants at the hotel, give it a miss.

• Stayed March 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Penang, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

This hotel presented itself as a 5-star hotel in a brochure and believeing value for money we booked it. Tremendously disappointed as there are another at least 2 nearby 5-star hotels within walking distance from it - check that out first! Those 2 are really 5-star but services and facilities is more than a 5-star. Beware, for cancellation they charged for the whole duration of intended stay!! If i had read this I wouldn't have considered this hotel. Check if this is in their conditions of stay?

In The Suite, my bathroom washing bowl wasn't working well - perpetually clogged and eventhough the room was cleaned everyday, the cleaners didn't . Rooms are generally small and porters seem lethargic. One of them while carrying our luggage commented - why is your back so heavy - what are you carryig inside??

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

I went to this hotel with my wife in Aug 2010. It is convenient to rent a car in Jeju, we drove to this hotel and spent 4 nights there. Unfortunately, my car was suffering from flat tire in the first night when we back to hotel after dinner. I was totally helpless as it was very dark (at around 10pm) and I didn't know how to call repair shop or even how to speak Korean. Then, I run to the service counter and the hotel staffs were very nice. They walked with me to the way even it was running at that moment of time.

Then, I pass my car key to the staff and they helped me to call repair shop. After about 30min, repair engineer arrived and the staff kept standing next to me and helped to translate to the engineer. I really appreciated their help even though my car problem should not be part of their duty.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Chapel Hill
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2008

Overall, it was a very nice and convenient place to stay. I was attending a meeting at the Jeju Convention Center, and this place was a quick 10 minute taxi ride there, so it was very convenient for the business part of my trip. The room was very nice, a bit sterile in appearance, but otherwise it was clean and had an excellent bathroom. The breakfast was nice, although after the third day, I wished for a bit more variety in the western style breakfast items. There are two restaurants available for dinner, one Korea and one western. They were very convenient, the Korean food was very good, the western cuisine was good, and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. It was pleasant, I would stay there again, but it was nothing memorable.

• Liked — Convenient location.
  • Disliked — It lacked atmostphere, it was a bit sterile, not much character.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Delhi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2008

Me and my wife stayed at The Suites Hotel for 3 nights in April 2008. We got a little disappointed at the very start when there was not a soul at the gate to take our bags (which you would expect from a luxury hotel). Anyway we dragged them to the reception ourselves. The front desk staff was quite ok although they didn't understand english all that well. The Room is pretty nice although they could do a better job of cleaning it. There was a big food stain on the curtain and nobody had bothered cleaning it. Room service menu is pretty limited. They do, however, have a convenience store in the basement that sells all the basic stuff which was quite useful.

Only one restaurant was operational when we went there as the other one was under renovation. The hotel does not have a gym or spa. It is located right next to the lotte hotel, the shilla and the hyatt.

So overall the hotel is nice but they would do well to take care of little things to make their guests experience a litle more special.

• Liked — peaceful surroundings
  • Disliked — just one restaurant
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!