“Ocean view, nice staff, Korean tradition room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Jeju

You added Hyatt Regency Jeju to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Jeju
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   114, Jungmungwangwang-ro 72 beon-gil, Seogwipo, Jeju-do 697-130, South Korea   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #3 of 42 Hotels in Seogwipo
Seoul, South Korea
“Ocean view, nice staff, Korean tradition room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

i didn't expect at all bc some comments saying its old hotel blah blah.. but i booked very last minute like 2 days before. but i could have upgrade room! I stayed 3nights in March and it was amazing.
they have brand new Korean tradition room with heating wood floor. it's not carpet.
The ocean view was fantastic at 5th floor. I tried also spa treatment and it's so refresh too.
Also, i had breakfast and dinner. they have special menu for dinner which is spring salad special and it SO GOOD! its course menu! around $40. i enjoyed the rice cake too at the end.
I would stay here again coming fall.

Room Tip: if you never had experience at heating wood floor then try out. I stayed at 5th floor with ocean vie...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed for a night last weekend at the Hyatt and had a very nice experience. The staff does go out of its way to make you feel welcome. The location on the beach is fantastic and there are shops, tourist attractions and restaurants a short walk away, keep in mind that you have to walk uphill to get there so you may also want to consider a cab. The restaurant had a nice selection of foreign and local items and was reasonably priced. The rooms are a decent size, although the one we were in was beginning to show its age and could have used a touch up. Overall this was a nice hotel and we are looking forward to staying there again if we return to Jeju.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed this hotel last Christ Mas.

Before I get the hotel, I called twice to check my reservation and room availability.
The Receptionist's response was clear and kind.
Front Desk staffs are kind as well as very beutiful.
I choose this hotel for the fantastic view. and I couldn't be disappointed.
the ocean view was so nice and terrace was good and spacious.
it has also very nice spa with ocean view. warm and relaxed.

one more thing, the room charge was good for value even it has fantastic view.

I really enjoyed my perfect holidays in Jeju Hyatt.
I will visit again.

Room Tip: you should choose the ocean view room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

After a flight and one hour coach trip, in the dark, from the airport we finally arrived at the hotel reception and what a very nice welcome we received. Staff were very pleasant and nothing was too much trouble and they even recommended a local Korean restaurant for that evenings dinner-thanks Oscar. The rooms are very nice with good clean fittings and the views are stunning. Breakfast was served in the lobby area with more great views of the coastline and a good selection of food and beverages. It was very hard to find fault with anything-my only gripe was the motion detectors for the hallway lighting in the room were a bit erratic. Would love the opportunity to visit again and as the golf course is only a five minute walk from reception will bring my clubs

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the sea and the lower floors are just as good as the upper levels
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Read the many reviews of the hotels in Jeju and decided we wanted to stay in Jungmun complex. We always like to travel and stay at the larger chain hotels because of their higher level of services available. After booking online thru a travel agency, we emailed the hotel to confirm the 2 rooms and also to request a free upgrade on our adjoining rooms. The registration staff was unable to accommodate our request but was able to give me a great deal of good information about the local area we were staying in since many of the local people only spoke Korean and not English.

Upon check-in we did get the two rooms next to each. To our surprise our room was upgraded to an ocean view king which had a beautiful balcony overlooking the water and grounds, generous work area with high speed internet, a marble bath, and separate walk in closet. This was so much more than we asked for (since we booked a garden view king room). The other room was upgraded to an ocean view twin (partial ocean view but no closet). Pretty sweet deal for asking for an upgrade. The rooms come with complimentary 2 bottles of water each day and free use of their gym and indoor swimming pool. The pool was supposed to be heated but it was definitely frigid even though we did use it 3 times during our stay. The locker rooms were definitely high class with separate wash areas, saunas, and changing areas. The hot tubs and spa were an extra cost if you wanted to use them.

One of the added benefits of this hotel was that the check-in staff and concierge were able to speak very good English. We heard that many people were not able to communicate well in English at the hotels they stayed at so this was a priority for us as well. The concierge was able to help us get a taxi which we booked for an entire day for about $130USD (approx $130,000KRW) and translate to the driver the locations we wanted to visit for the day.

Since we visited in November the hotel was pretty empty because it seems to be Jeju's off peak season. Not a bad time to visit though the weather is a bit colder but you get the benefits of less crowding and better hotel rooms. Hotel grounds were beautiful with an outdoor pool for the warmer months and for those who like to hike, the Ollegil (Olle road) walking trail on Jeju Island passes thru the Hyatt Regency.

Definitely worth the price of stay and upgrade was a welcomed benefit. No complaints on the cleanliness of the rooms and all the staff was definitely very helpful. Will definitely come back here on our next visit to Jeju Seogwipo.

Room Tip: The ocean views are spectacular though they will cost more. Well worth asking for an upgraded room...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed on 1Jan-3Jan13. Good things are they gave me a free extra bed, the staff was friendly and the airport bus went directly to the hotel. The room is small and needs a refurbhisment especially the TV cabinet. However, though the hotel is located in Jungmun resort area, it is located at the end of the road. Though the convenient store is still within walking distance but to walk in 0 C was horrible. Jungmun resort itself is a quite area, it's hard to find eating places within the area except if you want to dine in hotel or burger near the entrance. The only transportation within the resort is taxi except if you want to walk.

• Stayed January 2013
Various, UK, Aus, NZ, HK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We went to Jeju because there was a cheap flight promotion on Cathay .... having zero idea of what to expect. I booked the Hyatt because I like Hyatts.
We really enjoyed our trip.
The hotel is great - small enough to feel connected. The staff are really friendly. The food in the Terrace restaurant was great ... which was good because we couldn't find anywhere outside the hotel that did Western food (not a great fan of Korean food). The waitress in the restaurant was a standout - I hurt my finger during the day and it was so sore I couldn't use chopsticks. She (without asking) went and found me a couple of plasters and then bandaged me up so that I could use the finger. What a sweetie!
(And no, I don't tip, I'm not american, so this was just niceness).
The room was large (we were upgraded) and a funny shape - which we liked. The whole hotel has funny shaped rooms because it is essentially a round hotel. The furniture and carpets looked a little elderly but being British originally we don't find this an issue. I guess Asians who are used to flashy stuff might. The balcony was large (but since it was sub-zero when we were there we didn't use it much).
Good bathroom, although the shower made the bathroom floor wet which annoyed my husband (clearly it was meant to do this as there was a drain in the floor, but still).
Didn't use the fitness centre or pool, but I looked in on it and it looked fine.
Location is fabulous, by the beach and the Olle walking trail. PLEASE CHECK the location before leaving if you are planning to hire a car and drive as Korean addresses are notoriously hard to find - this one is in Jungmun, if you follow the signs to the Jungmun Resort and then you pick up signs to the Hyatt itself.
The bed, however, was hard as a rock (very Korean) and our first night was a tad uncomfortable. However, next night I rang up and asked for an extra mattress which was brought in in 5 minutes and fitted. So fine after that.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Regency Jeju? Share your experiences!