“Truly awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Singapore, Singapore
14 attraction reviews
“Truly awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This UNESCO World Natural Heritage site is really magnificent and beautiful. And of course, the kids were all excited about climbing 180m up to the crater! Thankfully, the steps are well built but it was still a lot of steps. You'll need about 30-45 mins up and another 30-45 mins down. It's worth it.

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
3 attraction reviews
“Awesome, just wished it wasn't so foggy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

It was quite a climb up (am totally unfit). Unfortunately, it was foggy and raining too, so I was not able to see the crater when I reached the top. But am glad I went up anyways :)

Singapore
5 attraction reviews
“worth the climb”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

to avoid the crowd, you should go in the morning.
climbing before the sunrise, and watching it from the peak makes it extra special btw..

there is a local bus service, Dongilju bus that comes here, but if u do not wish to wake up early to come here before sunrise, u can consider staying the night before in this seongsan area.
hotel prices are reasonable. I stayed at Hera Hotel(www.herahotel.co.kr)

I was there during spring and the climb wasnt tough at all as the weather was extremely nice :)

to find out about the busservice, check out
for directions to this sunrise peak.

Visited April 2013
Moorpark, California
51 attraction reviews
“Worth the climb up those steps and steps and steps!! AKA Sunrise Peak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

If you want to reach the peak (also called Sunrise Peak), you need to climb and climb a lot (I mean a lot) of steps. With minimal breaks, it will take you approximately an hour to go up and down this mountain peak. From the top, you should see a wonderful view. Unfortunately for us, it was drizzling that day. Still glad that we did it. If you’re debating whether you can do it or not, let me tell you… you can’t give up when you see 70 or 80 year olds climbing up the steps, outpacing you. (For those very fit, this should be a piece of cake!)

You can also see in this place, if I’m not mistaken, the Haenyeo Museum (female divers). But that would have meant for us to go down additional flights of steps (and climbing back up again)… we skipped that portion. Also in this place is a lot of souvenir shops selling various knick knacks. I think this is a good place to buy your souvenirs if you’re interested. Also, there is a Dunkin Donut and other restaurants. Alas, after our trek up and down, we decided to have some donuts and coffee! We rested to recover!

My #2 place (at least to those I've visited in Jeju). Gwaneumsa Temple was my #1.

KL
“Good view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Need to climb. Can see woman divers at 10 am and 3 pm. Disappointed, waited but no show at 3pm. The view is stunning.

Visited May 2013