“A good rest between flights” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Incheon Airport Transit Hotel

You added Incheon Airport Transit Hotel to your Saves list
Incheon Airport Transit Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Incheon International Airport 4th Floor, Jung-gu, Unseo-dong, Incheon, South Korea   |
Ranked #8 of 82 Hotels in Incheon
3.5 of 5 stars 280 Reviews
Yucaipa, California
“A good rest between flights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

My wife and I were in transit from Cambodia to Los Angeles and had an 8 hour stopover in Korea from 7 am to 3 pm. Being unable to sleep on planes we decided that getting some sleep between flights would be helpful. Booking the room via the internet was a learning experience. We originally didn't realize that they have a special rate for a room needed during the day (from 6:30 am to 5:00 pm). The cost for anything less than 7 hrs. was $60 plus fees ($77) total. compared to over $100 for a regular booking. Once we got all of that settled we made the booking without having to prepay via a credit card and our reservation was in the system when we arrived. Our experience at the hotel was fine, a courteous staff and a room without a window for complete darkness as well as quiet. Be aware that no drinking water is provided by the hotel. There are 2 bottles of water in the refrigerator that will cost you $2 each if used as well as snacks for a price. All in all it provided a nice place to sleep between flights.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Indonesian first
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

While the hotel itself is clean and offers a very useful rest if you're waiting for a transfer flight, our experience merits a 2 because of the inexperienced staff and the high prices. The staff doesn't speak English very well, so we had to repeat ourselves a number of times. They kept giving us different price quotes everyone we asked and enforced a hard limit of two people per room. We ended up paying over for hundred dollars with amenities for only two people. If you have other options, do not come here!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 12 hrs. Room is OK for the money, however, this place is noisy! The only thing you really need in a transit hotel is peace and quiet. This is not what this hotel provides. Constant noise from adjacent rooms, banging from the terminal itself, cleaning going on 24/7 with vacuum cleaners etc. Adding insult to injury, the dark out curtains don't block much of the light coming in during the day, another miss for the Transit hotel. Bottom line, Really not what I expected or needed, and, for the price paid - this is a big let down. I stayed at the Hyatt outside the terminal many times and had none of these issues. Not recommended. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013
Cebu City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I arrived late 9:45pm The Airport Transit Hotel had a room waiting. I mistakenly went to the wrong location. The clerk on duty was very professional. Told me, I could stay at this one if I wanted. I was very tired. I checked in.I left a South Korean Won Cash deposit.Incheon Airport it self is very huge. Lot's of? I would call gourmet restaurants. Reasonably priced for airport. I ate most of the time less than $15.00 (USD)My, experience is 1st. Convert USD to Won beforehand. I had Motel$100.00 converted prior to flying into Incheon Airport.
I mentioned I had made a Korean Cash Won Deposit. I realized I could use the deposit money after all in the Incheon Airport. I returned to the front desk. I asked for it back. The clerk cheerfully refunded it back. I then deposited $50.00 USD.
That was refunded back to me, on check out. I was extremely pleased with my long stay. I will stay again.Excellent! Excellent! Steve N

• Stayed November 2013
Snohomish, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed here four years ago during a long layover, and it was fantastic. This time, it was just OK.

We arrived about an hour early of our reservation, and were denied a room. That wasn't the problem, though, but rather that the staff were so unfriendly about it. Yes, it was early, and we were probably all drowsy. We came back at our appointed time, and although the staff were still grumpy, we got checked in quickly.

The rooms seemed to have been remodeled since we were there last. They are very small and minimal. Many of the free amenities (e.g., toothbrush) now cost $3-4, and heaven forbid you forget your razor. Luckily, we remembered everything in our carry-on. They only gave us one towel though...

Sleep quality was okay. Our room was at a busy hallway intersection, so there was a bit of noise. Also, since we had a window, the shades didn't fully black-out the room. I think I finally got to sleep about three hours into our eight-hour reservation.

I would still absolutely recommend this location to anybody facing a long layover in Incheon. While the airport is one of the most transit passenger-friendly places on earth (free showers, sleeping chairs, etc.), having a room, bathroom, shower to call your own makes it ten times better - all without passing through immigrations (granted, Korean immigration is very quick and friendly). It is expensive, but given how lousy many of us feel getting off one long flight and having to go on to another, it is cash well spent.

Last nugget of advice: make reservations well in advance, as this place seldom has capacity for walk-ins.

Room Tip: Get a room away from busy hallway intersections, if given an option.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Hotel located on 4 th level of the Asiana wing of the airport. Slept here for 6 hours on a layover between Saigon and Los Angeles. From 7:30am one can rent a 6 hour segment. Before that it is 12 hours. The room is small, with a double bed, very snug. Good shower, but a minimum of amenities. Price is $78 which includes taxes and service charge. Others have complained about hallway noise, there was some from the maids, but nothing that would interrupt your sleep. Ask for a room with a window.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Booked a East Standard twin room for 6 hrs recently (end Oct 2013) when my colleague and I had a 12-hr stop over at Incheon Airport.

Pros:
- Clean room
- Comfortable bed
- Kettle to boil water
- Nice place to rest for a long stop over

Cons:
Receptionist not friendly. No smile - looked unfriendly. Lacks quality service

If you have a long stop over at Incheon Airport - I recommend you book a room to rest. Just ignore the unfriendly receptionist.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Incheon Airport Transit Hotel? Share your experiences!