“"Transit Hotel at Ghost Town-but-not for tourist"” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #17 of 82 Hotels in Incheon
Singapore, Singapore
“"Transit Hotel at Ghost Town-but-not for tourist"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

The Incheon Airport tourist information desk called the hotel and hotel staff answered that ask me to take taxi to hotel and will pay back KRW15000(=S$20). Hotel free shuttle is from 6AM to 5PM only and will fetch with taxi beyond odd hour for flight in-out. So the hotel is good for transit only. We plan for tour by using airport free shuttle from hotel is not applicable. We walk back from airport to hotel took 1.5hour to save taxi fare at night 10pm after tour around from Seoul. I saw Bus no.202 pass by but couldn't find bus stop. The hotel room is nice interior but jaccuci and steam bath are not working at all. Free breakfast boiled egg and sausage, juice drink at the restaurant in the hotel is good. The place is look like ghost town because empty and abandon petrol station (oil bank), some restaurant some building in the village. Place look busy once upon a time but now ghost town. I saw Train station and Light Rail station near by but not functioning at all. Anyway, I will stay again if transit. I will not stay again if I tourist because of transport taxi fare is expensive KRW15000 compare to M day pass cost KRW10000 for free train and bus whole day pass.

Room Tip: For children with baby pram, please choose right side of hotel room because elevator landing is ther...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I did not like the room because it was very old and the lighting was very dim. Poor ventilation. Showerhead need to be replaced. No window view. Airport shuttle was effective. Staff were very helpful. Will choose to stay in a better hotel next time.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Prince George, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The first impression was not good. The shuttle met us at the airport and held the door open so we could load our bags. No offer of assistance and he seemed put out when I didn't close the door after we'd exited the van at the hotel.
Things did get better and overall the hotel was clean and the folks at the desk and in the restaurant were pleasant enough. The included breakfast was basic but adequate.
Lots of shellfish restaurants in the area as well as beaches within walking distance.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Everything I have read about their pick up service from the airport turned out to be totally wrong for us. We called and was told to wait (after a LONG flight from San Francisco) 10 minutes or so, behind the Ambulance. We waited about 45 minutes. There was no way one can NOT find us because my husband is 6' tall and we were the only foreigners in sight. I called again and was told, "Oh, we are coming. Please wait." I reminded them that we have been waiting for 45 minutes. This was the answer, "Oh we went but could not find you". That is when I had lost it and said, "If you want to lie, you need a much bigger brain. I am taking a taxi and you will be paying us back". By the time we went downstairs, found a cab who understood where the hotel was, etc. it was more than 90 minutes from our arrival time. When we reached the hotel, we had to pay the driver 20,000 KRW. Yes, the cab driver was a crook as well. The hotel guy got a 10,000 note back and returned our 20,000. I asked if there are indeed towels in our room (after reading all the reviews) and was reassured. However, like most people, we had one reasonable size towel and two hand towels. I did not feel like talking to this moron any more. Bathroom was dirty as a lot of reviewers said. Next morning I found out the two male housekeepers do not care at all about cleaning (I watched them for a while when they were cleaning other rooms). Air conditioner has a 4 degrees intervals for temp setting which is a bit more difficult to control because the comfort zone for our body is less than 4 degree C. Our Agoda voucher said, "Breakfast". While we were having horrible breakfast (even more horrible coffee) the same moron walked into the restaurant and informed us that it will cost us about $6 each for breakfast. I had no intention of arguing with this idiot. Twelve dollars at that point was a small price to pay to get rid of him from my face. Nobody smiled in this hotel, not even by mistake. One other guest had informed us that it is under new management now and he is very disappointed this time.

One good point to mention: the restaurant exactly across the street from the hotel is very good and reasonably priced for dinner. There, everyone smiled and served with grace and politeness.

No, I will NOT return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room on the East wing where the elevator stops at the room level. Actually , do NOT get a room...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, BC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel overnight between flights, booked last minute and so paid a premium price. Thank goodness I could walk the beach nearby as it took the sting out it somewhat.

The staff, particularly Ju at the front desk, was really helpful and spoke excellent english. I also got the complimentary shuttle to and from the airport which was prompt and pleasant.

The lobby and room were decorated with wrought iron, antiques and attempts to give a cottage-like feel which, for a hotel, they achieved. A comfy couch in the lobby and a bench outside would be crowning touch, as the wooden benches inside didn't encourage a relaxed sit in which to plan your day.

I was given 1 bath towel and 2 hand towels which was adequate for me and along with the bedding were nice and clean. Bed was a queen sized double and very firm, which I prefer, so I was happy to sleep there.

There was also a small bar fridge, big TV, good AC and overall it was pretty quiet. Wifi was free and fast!

As for cleanliness, the bathroom was quite disgusting. The cup by the sink was not well washed, the grouting in the bathroom had mildewy grunge in many places, the tub housing was coming apart and splatters of previous tenants' bath products were seen on the tiles. Out of curiosity, I tried to wipe off some of the stuff on the bathroom walls and it came off quite easily. So, housekeeping is pretty slack here.

They provided slippers and flip flops for the room/bath but they were also so grotty I couldn't bare to touch them let alone slip them on.

So overall, nice people, adequate hotel, subpar cleanliness. I probably won't be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I was staying at this hotel after a long flight. I should say the best thing was that they have a free shuttle bus-that's really amazing-no worries about getting to the hotel when your head is spinning from new information and location. The staff is very helpful and the room has everything you need. I reccomend this hotel for sure.

• Stayed August 2013
Can Tho, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed at Oceanside between flights on my way to Turkey. The front desk service was good and the deluxe double room above expectation. I wasn't there long enough to explore its proximity to the beach but I could certainly smell the fresh sea air. It was August and quite hot, but the air conditioner worked well. The only issue for me was the early finish to breakfast at 9.00 am. It doesn't start particularly early either. Given it is beach-side and also a place for air travellers in transit to stay this was unexpected. Too bad if you get in very late and need to sleep in. I got to breakfast late and while the waiter was surly and clearly didn't want to serve me he did in fact ensure I ate. So a negative but also a positive and not sufficient for me not to recommend the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Benikea Hotel Oceanside? Share your experiences!