“Nice Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Concorde Gyeongju

and 1 more site!
You added Hotel Concorde Gyeongju to your Saves list
Hotel Concorde Gyeongju
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   410 Shinpyung-dong, Gyeongju, Gyeongsangbuk-do 780-290, South Korea   |
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Gyeongju
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Went up this weekend w/o a reservation and they happened to have 2 rooms open. We had 3 kids and they accommodated us fine w/ a twin and a king sized bed. Great location along the reservoir with a path in the back that winds around the reservoir and connects to multiple adjacent venues. I was there for the triathlon just like tons of others. On site restaurant wanted 13k KW for breakfast buffet for kids and 19k for adults, seemed pricey to me. Just about 1-2 miles down the road is Gyeongju World amusement park and multiple restaurants. Room had a great balcony as they all do, and it overlooked the reservoir.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Northborough, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Large room with very firm but comfortable bed. Great view of the lake, get a high floor for best views.

Bathroom needs painting, shower head ok, but spa water that is piped to the rooms was wonderful!!

Note- roosters start crowing around 4:00 am so make sure that your window is closed tightly!!

The breakfast at the hotel was not very good compared to other hotels we ate at on this trip.

Great location with lots of good restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor for best view of the lake
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Boalsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I would like to say thank you to the supervisor of this hotel, for how she handled my problem. I ordered a book
for my husband, to be sent to the hotel, which through some mistake he never received
it. To rectify the error, the supervisor of this hotel ordered me a new one. It was fantastic! How kind it is
when someone takes good care of you. I felt like I was important to them. I really appreciated the
personalized care they gave to us, their
customers. Thank you.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed in this hotel two nights while touring through South Korea. I really want to rank them higher because the staff is so helpful and polite but the facilities do need an upgrade. Having said that I was very comfortable throughout my stay. My first impression walking into the hotel is there is a slight odor, almost the smell of an older hotel. This was not a problem for me. I really only noticed it the first time I entered. The rooms are furnished with an older style of furniture, and showing its age ( a few cracks etc) but again it did not impact my comfort. The bed was comfortable and clean. The bathroom did have some mold on the shower curtain and on the shower ceiling but was still clean. I must say it is quite unfortunate that this building has not been more well maintained. It overlooks a lake with a great view of the mountains. The staff responded to all my requests and was so helpful. It is a bit outside of the main part of town but the bus is right in front of the hotel and a taxi is always available if you prefer. I liked staying a bit out of the hustle and bustle (especially with my great mountain view!). Breakfast is included and had an ample selection of Korean and Western type food. Internet is included (not wireless) and is fast. Do remember to bring your own plug adapter. I just want to say while I do understand the need to maintain the facility, I had a very comfortable stay and would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Seoul, South Korea
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights last week... overall, I was quite disappointed by what I got... The location of the hotel is really good and it covers a huge area as well... from outside it would look as if you are entering a really posh hotel... but hold on till you get to your room... No Maintenance at all... the rooms have a very odd smell... it looks very old, as if the management has never improved the interior after building this hotel...
Highly disappointed with the breakfast I got... didn't like the food at all & options were very limited... in fact 3rd day morning I wasn't able to get a cup of coffee during the breakfast... can you imagine not having a basic thing like coffee in a so called STAR hotel??
I would not be returning to this property.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

This hotel has potential with it's location. I was there two nights (27 and 28 SEP 2011) and found the bed comfortable. The room itself was on the 8th floor which I think they use for Western tourists. The lobby gives the impression of a nice property, but the room was as others have described -- poorly maintained and out of date. I used their wifi (ethernet cable available at the fromt desk - no wireless) without any problem. I was looking forward to using the pool, but it was drained. There are lots of great tourist sites in Gyeongju and the bus was near the hotel so it had that going for it. I would look for a different property were I to visit again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

Was there in July, 2011 for a few nights. Absolutely sad! Old, smelly, rooms with no coffee machines available, fridge old and half rusted, bathrooms falling apart, balconies with great views and NO FURNITURE, pool emptied and unusable ... half the lamps and wall electrical outlets not working ... threadbare carpets ... what else do you want? A veritable nightmare!!!! And overpriced and that! DO NOT go there!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Concorde Gyeongju? Share your experiences!