“Its Called the Daegu Grand!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Grand Daegu Hotel

You added The Grand Daegu Hotel to your Saves list
The Grand Daegu Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   305, Dongdaegu-ro, Suseong-gu, Daegu 706-011, South Korea   |
Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Daegu
3.5 of 5 stars 41 Reviews
New York City, New York
“Its Called the Daegu Grand!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

This is once of the older but very nice hotels in Daegu. Prices are reasonable, rooms are clean and comfortable. It is located on subway line 2 in he Beommo area which has some nice coffee houses and restaurants right outside the door. Staff us professional and courteous..parking onsite is free. This is a very clean,safe and comfortable hotel!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
antwerp
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

- Stayed one night as part of a tour in Korea. Rooms were small but comfortable. We had a water cooker in the room but without coffee or teabags at our disposal, maybe you have to bring them yourselves. We had dinner in this hotel, buffet style, which was excellent. Same for the breakfast buffet. Very nice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Piracicaba, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

I stayed only 1 night at this hotel, so it's difficult to judge. But I have no complaints.

The room is nice enough, bed is comfortable and place is quiet. The bathroom is not big, but you can handle it. A few basic amenities available, but not up to 4-star hotels in Shanghai.

Location: subway st. is around the corner, and there are several cafes and restaurants around. I didn't eat the breakfast at the hotel (around KRW 20k), since i could get my coffee and bread at one of the cafes for less than half of it.

Staff is polite, but not warm. Usually, you get a very nice treatment in Korea, but in this hotel they were a little cold. But no issues on that.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

I think, this hotel is something strange. Service is good but lacking something, especially internet and mobile phone(internet was slow). And room is clean but use difficult. The problem what I said is not to considerable, but I felt uncomfortable during stay. I hope to somebody to tell me 'you are strange', and point out my fault. I seemed to be enchanted wrong magic.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

First of all, the dish I ordered was not available, than beef was not available. When I asked to bring me anything, the kitchen can cook well, the waitress pointed at a more expensive chicken dish. I agreed because it seemed no point to discuss it any further especially that it was difficult to communicate with her in English. The Chinese chicken dish was a warmed up old bits of chicken skin or grizzle, I left it almost untouched. So, stay in the hotel but avoid the restaurant unless you want to watch the waitresses who are very beautiful.

Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

this hotel was part of my 8D Korea tour, the room are very clean, the front desk was friendly & can speak fair english, we asked about the usage of the internet at their biz room & was offered to use it for free. Our tour guide told us this was the hostel for most airlines, therefore you can expect good quality beds & pillows. Minor dislike was the bathtub where u need to climb in to shower & it gets slippery after that as the transparent glass is so blocking the way for you to step out of the tub. Needs to be extra careful after shower. We have a comfortable stay there & BF was good. ***Note: The family mart beside the hotel sells items at ripped off prices +50% avoid getting unnecessary products unless you need it (we came to know about it after visiting other family marts at the next hotels).

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

When I first arrived at this hotel's lobby, I could easily tell that this is a very nice hotel. I was not mistaken when I entered my room. It was very comfortable, the ambiance was really nice. It was just perfect. Everything looks new and clean, especially the bathroom (this is the most important part for me). Free broadband Internet access is available for free (ethernet-based though), although you can use WiFi at the lobby. I speedtested the Internet and I got 80Mbps. Goodness of South Korean broadband! I had a very good night sleep after one-long-day tour. I wish I stayed longer at this hotel! If I get to visit Daegu in the future, this is definitely the hotel I'm going to pick.

• Stayed September 2009

Been to The Grand Daegu Hotel? Share your experiences!