“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 110 Hotels in Busan
Paris, France
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This hotel is amazing, rooms with exceptional view over Busan. The food served is of high quality and selection. There I had my best Bim Bim Bap in Korea. I am particularly impressed by the room service that particularly followed the environmental linen/towel programme. I have been in many hotels of the same level, and it is very hard to have a hotel staff that follows this kind of procedure.
I would definitly return to this hotel in Busan.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

The friendly welcome to check out, everything was smooth as most staff can speak English. The location is not near the subway so we have to take taxi to everywhere, The lady at Concierge was very helpful nice and sent me off to the airport bus.

Very comfortable room and huge bathroom. In room breakfast is a better option as the weekend buffet gets crowded.

Highly recommended and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Pick a room facing the bridge
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Osan, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

First, let me mention that I have been living in South Korea for a couple years now and this is my second time living in South Korea so I have a little bit of a frame reference. I have stayed in many hotels across the Korean peninsula and have never had a more pleasant experience as compared to the one I had 2 weeks ago during spring break 2014. Traveling with your family (that includes children) in Korea seems to be very difficult if you are used to American style amenities and accommodations. I was a little upset that a reservation for 4 people (2 adults and 2 children) did not have enough bed space for us but was expecting that based on previous experiences in Korea. The 2 beds in the twin suite are a little wider than a twin sized mattress but significantly smaller than a double bed. We had brought an air mattress for 1 kid (because everyone knows that brother and sister won't sleep in the same bed anyway) and 1 kid slept on the couch. The wife and I pushed the 2 beds together. The staff at this hotel was amazing. I mention this only because it does matter but because I was expecting it based on previous travels in Korea. I was not upset because when I asked the staff for extra linens, they brought up plenty of blankets along with a note that hide-a-beds were available. We were not interested in paying $50 for a hide-a-bed so just accepted the blankets and extra towels. The staff impressed me from shortly after I made my reservation. Because we were traveling from near Seoul on the KTX and it was my families first experience with KTX, I wanted to make sure that once we arrived in Busan, everything went smoothly. Therefore, I reserved limo service from the KTX station to the hotel. The concierge staff stayed in constant communication and answered several questions before I arrived and ensured a driver was waiting at the platform, outside my trains’ door when we pulled into the station. He held up a sign and he knew right away I was his guest (it helped being the only American family getting off the train at that point). He whisked us through the terminal and then brought the (very nice) van around and we sped off to the hotel. When we arrived at the hotel, the staff met us at the car and had my name and reservation available and took us straight to our room and did the paperwork right there while the kids ran around checking every nook and cranny in the room. The service didn't stop there. Whenever we had a question, the concierge took it and was able to offer information and answers and even printed out options of things to do that we took with us as we went out on our excursions. The pool was very nice and was not like other Korean hotel pools where they (1) don't allow children, (2) get upset that you have more than 2 guests at the pool, and (3) freak out because the kids were in the pool. Since it wasn't quite swimming in the ocean weather, having access to the pool was important on a holiday vacation. Bottom line is that the concierge staff at hotel was amazing (all of them). We were skeptical to spend the price because of my own previous experiences in Korean hotels/motels and were worried we would not enjoy it (stayed at another chain in Seoul and couldn't wait to leave for the reasons about the pool I mentioned above), but the staff made the stay very enjoyable and I wanted to ensure some of the negative comments I have read about this hotel were addressed. My family has experience in 4-5-star hotels and while this isn't the best place in the world, it is by far the best hotel I have stayed at in Korea. Kudos to the staff and the management! Thank you for making our vacation enjoyable.

Room Tip: Make sure you know what your bedding arrangements are. Even when speaking with the reservations des...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I stayed at the Park Hyatt Busan for the first time this weekend and thoroughly enjoyed every aspect! The team went above and beyond to make sure we left with great memories, including a birthday cake and candles for my wife :)

Gym, pool, restaurants, location, staff, all perfect!

Thank you Park Hyatt for a great weekend.

I will be visiting Busan more often for work, and this will now be my hotel of choice.

Cheers

Matt

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights on our recent trip. The hotel is modern, clean and guest rooms are spacious and fitted with all the mod cons and amenities one would expect of a Park Hyatt. Beds where very comfortable, and blackout curtains and very good sound insulation guaranteed undisturbed rest.
We stayed on the 27th floor with a view facing the marina through floor to ceiling windows. The rooms in the front of the hotel (with smaller numbers starting with - 01) will have the ocean view and view of the Gwangalli bridge which is quite beautiful when lit up in the evenings. We stayed in the - 08 unit which was midway on the floor and found the view to be decent.
The hotel is located past the Westin chosun at one end of Haeundae, but it is a pleasant stroll to Haeundae beach or a very short cab ride there.
Service is excellent and the staff we met were all fluent in English.
All in all this is my go to place when visiting Busan/Haeundae add it is the newest and by far the nicest of the big hotels there.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I had a comfortable stay at Park Hyatt Busan.

The ocean view room was clean and spacious with modern design. The view of Gwangan Bridge was excellent! The bed was extremely comfortable!

For the transportation, there is a bus from Gimhae International Airport to this hotel. It is quiet convenient if you arrived Busan and go to this hotel directly. Moreover, there is approximately 15-minute walk from hotel to subway.

Staffs are very friendly and helpful.

If I go back to Busan, I would stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Taichung, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Both my wife and I really like this hotel, but I guess we had high expectations. Don't get me wrong the hotel is lovely, the staff is friendly, and the views are really beautiful. The room layout is kind of strange and the bathroom and toilet areas can feel a little crammed. The location is a little off the beaten path. It seems like it's about a 25min walk to where the happenings are happening. These few things and some other small annoyances keep me from laying down the 5 stars.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Park Hyatt Busan? Share your experiences!