“Great view from fantastic rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #1 of 110 Hotels in Busan
Seoul, South Korea
“Great view from fantastic rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed at the Busan Park Hyatt with our 2 sons (2 and 4) during last July weekend. To provide for enough space we had booked a suite and my PA had arranged with the manager for 2 mattresses. However on check in we were informed that this is not possible and only Korean style, i.e. providing blanket and pillow to sleep on floor would be possible. Clearly for a hotel in this price range and trying to attract international customers not acceptable. Situation eventual got resolved thanks to my PA and the manager at check in, Eugene.
Rest was flawless and fully up to standard. Rooms are fantastic overlooking the marina and in walking distance to the beach.
Breakfast choice is rather limited but sufficient.
Would stay again, just strongly advise to arrange for a Korean description of location if you arrive by taxi - apparently the taxi drivers in Busan are even more incompetent than the ones in Seoul, not speaking English or knowing major hotels.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
mable l, General Manager at Park Hyatt Busan, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

Thank you very much for taking to the time to write a review on Park Hyatt Busan. I would like to apologies for the inconvenience that was caused to you at time of check in. I was happy to read that Eugene assisted you and that this matter was resolved, however I am sorry it happened at all.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed the rest of the stay and the facilities in the hotel. I hope that we have the chance to welcome you and your family back to Park Hyatt Busan in the future.

Park Hyatt Busan.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
San Fernando, San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one month and was absolutely pleased with everything. The staff are welcoming and pleasant, the ambiance just exudes relaxation and peace. I was give a room with a city view and it was a delight to wake up on mornings and using motorized blinds just take in the awesome view....works better than coffee! Speaking of coffee, the hotel offers complimentary gourmet espresso that is of the best I had in my travels. Upon arrival you are welcomed with white truffle coated dark chocolate and an impressive exotic fruit bowl.
The restaurant is excellent but strains the wallet a bit... along with everything in Haeundae Beach. The gym is totally equipped with modern equipment and also boasts 24hr trainers, after a hard workout you are presented with ice cold towelettes and unlimited mineral water.
The pool is addictive with its haunting peacefulness and the view of the artistic bridge. Lounge to the faint sounds of opera and the bubbling of the aerated tub. Get full service from the restaurant while you relax at the pool.
All rooms equipped with dual sinks and massive tubs along with amazing amenities including bath salts and body scrubs. The rain shower is excellent and glass enclosures make it perfect.
The rooms are thoroughly cleaned and restocked daily along with excellent turndown service.
My only complaint would be about the consistency of the cleaning service, some times amenities were not restocked and the service varied in timing making it difficult to make plans while staying in. Overall it is the place to stay in Busan! What a view!!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

Thank you for taking to the time to write your review on Park Hyatt Busan. I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us. I agree that the view is very special and something that all guests should experience.

I am sorry to read about the inconsistency of the room cleaning and replenishing of the rooms amenities. I have spoken to Housekeeping about this and we will ensure better training is given to avoid such situations in the future.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Park Hyatt Busan
Davis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

On our recent Japan/Korea trip, this hotel was the best hotel we've stayed at.

We stayed in the Park Suite, and wished we got the next suite up with the bridge view next time! The rooms are simply wonderful with a wonderful open nature feel. We were extremely comfortable and even ordered room service since we didn't want to leave at night for late night eats like we usually do.

Food: For the hotel level, the breakfast was good, no complaints or raves with the food. Dinner was great on the other hand, especially with the view of the bridge and city at night. Room service was also great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Park Hyatt Busan. I was so happy to read you enjoyed your holiday and the time with us.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back one day in the future.

Park Hyat Busan
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

You can tell a Korean establishment is aimed at the elite when all the signs are in English, with no Korean translation. Such is the Park Hyatt.

This hotel has absolutely beautiful architecture, and extremely high quality furniture, finishings and construction. (The only mistake: it looks like the grout for the stone floors stained the slab edges). Rooms are beautiful, nicely sized and very well thought out, with the exception of somewhat tricky lighting controls. The views are beautiful.

Amenities: Free wifi through the hotel was flawless and fast. The exercise room and pool were unbelievably nice. Towel were large and soft, and changing rooms neat and convenient. I loved the modern Japanese-style toilets throughout.

Prices: we got an very good (off-season) deal on the rooms (something like KRW 250,000-300,000 per night) but word is out about this hotel and I'd be surprised to see those rates again. Restaurant prices were astronomically high

Staff: the staff are super-helpful and their English is generally very impressive (by Asian standards) -- maybe about the level of a typical French high school student or immigrant NYC cabdriver. They jump immediately to serve any need (umbrellas for rain, restaurant reservation, lost key). They're not perfect: I asked them about windsurfing in Busan and they got back to me with a note. The note had the right contact information, but said windsurfing the next day would be "difficult" because of the rain. In actual fact, I happened to stop by the windsurfing rental shop location on my own and discovered the shop was completely closed due to rain. The word in the note should have been "impossible" rather than "difficult".

Location: As of June 2013 many cab drivers don't know this hotel or quite how to get to it yet. Generally speaking, Busan cabbies are rather bad so this can cause real problems. Several times a cabbie would be told where we want to go, nod his head, drive a block, and then call somebody for directions on his cell phone. I speak Korean and carried my own offline maps app so this was a smaller problem for me than it might be for others.

The general area has a few eateries, but nothing all that great.

You can walk to Haeundae beach, but doing so will take 20 minutes or so. I enjoyed the walk but others may want to take a cab. I cut my toe at the beach; the cops in the police station had iodine and bandages, and helped fix me up. I was really impressed with their preparation and friendliness.

Metro stops are nearby.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

I would like thank you very much for taking the time to write about your expereince with us. I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that that staff were very helpful.

It is true that we are still trying to educate the taxi drives of Busan in our location and we are working on this every day. I am sure very soon thay will know exactly were to go.

I hope to see you again soon.

Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I like this hotel because it is situated in a luxurious and high-end new area of Haeundae. It was a quiet and seaside place where you can fully relax and enjoy the room. The room view is wonderful as it can see the whole view of Gwangan Bridge. Restaurants and grocery shops nearby are nice too. Just a few thousands of won away if you travel to the beach and centum city where it is worth going for its biggest department store and huge jjimjinbang (the Spaland of the Sinsegae Department Store).

The only downside of this hotel is that it is not near to subway station.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
mable l, Front Office Manager at Park Hyatt Busan, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I was most happy to read that you enjoyed your stay.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

The new Park Hyatt Hotel located next to the yacht club. All the rooms are facing the bay which is so beautiful, especially at night. The theme of this hotel is to bring nature inside the hotel. You will find huge rocks, green bamboo trees and thick timber all over the place. The floor in every rooms is French oak and the room is really spacious. While the facility is really top class, I must mention that what makes this hotel excellent is the staff. They are very attentive, polite and highly professional. In conclusion, this hotel genuinely deserves its 6 stars status.

• Stayed June 2013
mable l, General Manager at Park Hyatt Busan, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your response. I was so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our service and in particular the staff to be outstanding.

I hope to see you again at Park Hyatt Busan in the future.

United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife and I spent our wedding anniversary here, for it's great location and past experience with Park Hyatt.
The check-in process was unpleasant; when making reservation, I requested "suite upgrade" but was told it's a two-twin-bed suite. When checking in, I told the front desk we were here for 10 years anniversary and would like to request a king-bed suite, but told it was unavailable. We checked in the room, and very disappointed -- not only it's a two twin-bed suite, it faced "mountain" and another apartment. In case you missed it, this hotel is great because it is right on the beach; if I cannot see the ocean, why staying here? I went back to the front desk to complain -- and got a different answer from a different person. I was told there WAS a king suite facing ocean available right in the same floor, but I need to pay $50 USD more per day. I took the offer, and stated my disappointment of ill-informed situation and ill-arranged room in the first place.
Maybe Hyatt only pays attention to its elite members, which I'm not???
Besides the check-in issue, I found the hotel staffs seem sometimes unfamiliar with some basic routines or some simple questions we had. To think about it, it may be because it's a new hotel (open in early 2013?)? But don't get me wrong, the service was generally very good.
Other than the staffs issue, I really don't get all the fancy lighting and switch in Park Hyatt -- it's very annoying to wait for couple seconds before the lights start to dim when trying to turn off the light.
I probably will come back to this hotel for the great location and the great view (if they can get the room right next time). However, I'm getting disappointed at Hyatt's general customer service; I guess I will try to stay with the program that I have elite status...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest of Park Hyatt Busan,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your response to your recent stay. I was most disappointed to hear that you had issues at time of check-in. We should have been more attentive to your request and taken note of your special occasion your 10th wedding anniversary. Congratulations...
We are recently opened but this is no excuse for the service. I assure you we are working very hard on developing our team.
I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to park Hyatt Busan in the future.

Park Hyatt Busan.

Been to Park Hyatt Busan? Share your experiences!