“A very nice place at Haeundae Beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Ambassador Busan

You added Novotel Ambassador Busan to your Saves list
Novotel Ambassador Busan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   292, Haeundaehaebyeon-ro, Haeundae-gu, Busan 612-010, South Korea   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Early offer-up to 30% OFF
Ranked #11 of 102 Hotels in Busan
4.0 of 5 stars 370 Reviews
Honolulu
“A very nice place at Haeundae Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

A nice place. Good amenities. Love the fitness center. Also, it is close to some fun street markets. Soju and grilled eel (Kung-jang-oh). The beach has a lot of different festivals and outdoor performers.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Novotel Ambaasa... B, 제너럴 매니저 at Novotel Ambassador Busan, responded to this review, September 9, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Ambassador Busan. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Novotel Ambassador Busan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Ok, so I got in at 8pm for one night, purely for a place to stay. I need an adaptor, they provided, I needed a burger, they provided once again with room service, honestly with the first non-soggy fries with an actually acceptable burger. One issue is the spa, which was a fee of 14 dollars, which I was not too happy with. The internet was slow, not for gamers. All in all, not a bad hotel for the price.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Novotel Ambaasa... B, 제너럴 매니저 at Novotel Ambassador Busan, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

The hotel is right on the beach. A bid dated, but room size was decent. The sea view fromt he room was stunning.

Close to the town center as well where the market and restaurants are. 10 mins walk to the subway

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Cheonan, South Korea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

The location of this hotel makes up for it's many flaws, but it's service does not live up to a 4* novotel at all. The sea view from our top view bedroom was the best view I have ever had, and for that reason I rate the hotel 3*s, but the service was very disappointing.
As has previously been mentioned the hotels bizarre policy of not allowing Executive guests access to the main hotel breakfast buffet is ridiculous. The executive breakfast was small with very little variation and the staff were more interested in chatting in the side room than assisting customers. I would be fascinated to know why this hotel feels they can punish their higher paying customers with a worse breakfast experience?
Swimming pools in Korea require men and women to wear swimming hats when swimming. This isn't unusual but the novotel is the first hotel I have known charge customers for them. This is not the kind of service I expect from a 4* hotel.
Finally, at one point during my stay I rang down and asked for another bottle of complimentary water to make some tea and coffee with. 2 hours later when this still had not arrived I rang down again and explained the situation I'm both English and Korean. I was assured the water would be with me right away. 20 minutes later a man showed up with a jug of coffee and told me I was lucky because on this occasion I wouldn't be charged for it as it was late. I had ordered a bottle of water 2 and a half hours ago. It never arrived.

So the view from the hotel room is next to none, but the standard was very bad. I don't understand how the novotel thinks it can compete with the likes of the Westin and the Park Hyatt when it treats any guest like this, let alone club member executive guests.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Novotel Ambaasa... B, 제너럴 매니저 at Novotel Ambassador Busan, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for bringing to our attention inconveniences you have encountered during your last visit to our hotel.

Please rest assured that I would share this with my management team and have come up with plans to improve the level of service and product excellence to ensure our standards are consistently followed.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future and allow us to show you our true level of service.
Yours sincerely,

Worcester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

2nd time I've stopped here for a week. Previously in the middle of winter and more recently in high season when everyone in Korea goes on vacation in busan.

The hotel is ok - no frills and now looking a little tired and dated. Rooms are reasonable but again nothing outstanding. Pay extra and get a sea view room. I had one facing inland and you can hear the traffic and cars / bikes / boy racers racing past well into the early hours of the morning. I was on the 15th floor and it still kept me awake.

Staff are very polite and helpful. Breakfast is standard and again nothing to write home about. Gym has a fantastic view of the beach and sea but like the rest of the hotel the equipment is beginning to look dated.

Will stop here again, it's a solid choice if your expectations aren't high.

Stayed August 2014
Novotel Ambaasa... B, 제너럴 매니저 at Novotel Ambassador Busan, responded to this review, August 14, 2014

Novotel Ambassador Busan

Been to Novotel Ambassador Busan? Share your experiences!