“Didnt read the reviews until now - relied mistakenly on Super 8 reputation” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Albany

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #44 of 49 Hotels in Albany
London
“Didnt read the reviews until now - relied mistakenly on Super 8 reputation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Super8 is my motel chain of choice when doing road trips in the US. This was a horrible exception. Did not get a very safe feeling. On parking, the car parked next to me was completely full of plastic bottles and plastic bags. Thereafter a police car swang by on their night circuit (routine stop it appeared). Then the sheets in the room had not been changed and there was a bag of trash behind the door. At this point, I decided to leave and find another hotel. To his credit, the receptionist was apologetic and the money duly refunded into my credit card.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Alex1579, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Albany, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
We would like to deeply apologize to you for any discomfort or any issues you may have experienced during your stay. Housekeeping staff was spoken regarding the conditions of the sheets and the trash in the rooms. again we would like to apologize to you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

These people are so ignorant I don't even know what to say. We came with a van with a trailer on the back, so we could only drive forward. Well someone parked with their huge freaking boat on the side of the place and we couldn't get past. We asked the desk to ask them to move, and they wouldn't, saying they told them to park there. It was so dumb. We had to back up around the entire motel.

Oh, and the rooms are gross and smell stale.

• Stayed September 2012
Alex1579, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Albany, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
i would like to apologize to you for the front desk making it difficult for you to park in our motel. front desk was spoken as well as housekeeping staff on any smell that might have been in the room. again we would like to apologize to you.
Vaudreuil, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

That was the first time we saw a Super 8 in that condition; really filthy. There was black stains on walls everywhere, there was a coffee stain on linen, there was a napking on a chewing gum on a wall, when we opened up the bathroom window, we discover there was no screen and the back of the building was a dump; there was plastic bags, bottle of beers and wine, cardboard...
Even though the price is attractive, don't go there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Alex1579, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Albany, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
We would like to deeply apologize for the problems that you experienced during your stay. We strive to provide the best quality possible for our guests. I ensure you that the housekeeping staff has been made aware of the concerns that you experienced. We are looking at new processes to address any housekeeping and maintenance issues that may exist before a guest arrives at our property. We have addressed your concerns and look forward for another opportunity to serve you in the future. Again we apologize
Shannon, Québec, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I checked in at midnight with my husband, my mother and my 4 children. We were driving for 14 hours and were extenuated. I asked to see the rooms before paying for it. The clerk gave me a key, which didn't work. I came back to the front desk. The clerk gave me a key for a different room. I open the bed sheets and there were body hair in the bed. The bathroom sink was dirty with toothpaste. I told the clerk that and he asked me if I want the room or want to see another room. I asked to see another room. The second room, I open the bed sheets and again there is body hair and crumbs like someone ate cookie in bed. The bathroom is dirty with toothpaste all over the sink. Obviously, the rooms had not been clean.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
First I would like to apologize for your experience at our hotel. We are looking at the communication between the Front Desk and Housekeeping staff as these rooms were obviously not cleaned after the previous guests checked out. We ask our staff to verify the housekeeping report that the rooms are clean and ready for our next guest. I have discussed this with both departments and assure you that this will not be an issue in the future. Please give us another opportunity in the future to have you stay and enjoy a clean and well maintained room.
Media, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We made a reservation and went to check in around 12:30am, but no one was in the office. We waited for about 20 minutes and finally went to a different hotel.
I called to report that no one was present to check us in, but they still charged us the full room cost!
I have been dealing with corporate Customer Care for weeks, but the General Manager won't return my phone calls.
I am going to have to dispute the charge through my bank.

DON'T GET INVOLVED WITH THESE PEOPLE!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

this was not what I was expecting first room I was given a key to I entered and it was not made up and the TV was on and it was forgotten OR I was entering someone elses room. Scary! Then I got a different room and it was just a stange location. out of the way. Left early the next day and hoped for better.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Alex1579, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Albany, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
We would like to apologize for the confusion regarding the rooms i assure you this never happens. Housekeeping and Front desk was spoken to regarding this incident again we would like to apologize for any inconvenience or discomfort you may have experienced during your stay.
Pittsford, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We had a very nice stay at this Super 8. We had a nice room with a flat screen tv on the first level right near the office, and we could park right by our door. The management was very friendly, and the breakfast was very nice with a number of cereals and breads and juices. We'd stay here again anytime.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Alex1579, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Albany, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
We would like to thank you for staying at our facility. Our goal is to make every guest as comfortable as possible. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. we hope to see you again in the near furture.

Been to Super 8 Albany? Share your experiences!